Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

This will be leaving Pony Boys in the dust...

zl1 2017 camaro

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,380 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted April 15 2016 - 08:05 AM

I drove a new SS last week and have to say, as far as test drives go, the Camaro is a very close second to the Vette all around! If they keep the estimated price at around mid 50's, I'll be ordering my 50th anniversary ZL1 in a year!!

My $.02 regarding the F150... Yes it out sells the Chevy's, because it's always been SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper, and not just in price!

If Ford ever does release a car that they claim to compete with the ZL1, I'd be willing to bet it's around the six figure mark/double the price.

Edited by mrprovy, April 15 2016 - 08:11 AM.

• killian likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#42 Hannco

Hannco

Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilation = invasion

• Club LIF Member
  • 8,117 posts
  • LocationCentral Nassau

Posted April 15 2016 - 08:23 AM

I drove a new SS last week and have to say, as far as test drives go, the Camaro is a very close second to the Vette all around! If they keep the estimated price at around mid 50's, I'll be ordering my 50th anniversary ZL1 in a year!!

My $.02 regarding the F150... Yes it out sells the Chevy's, because it's always been SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper, and not just in price!

If Ford ever does release a car that they claim to compete with the ZL1, I'd be willing to bet it's around the six figure mark/double the price.

Unfortunately the Silverado shares its market with the GMC Sierra, and yes, Chevy offers the proven longest lasting trucks in the marketplace.
  • Barnslayer and killian like this

#43 SemiAutoFetish

SemiAutoFetish

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 2,363 posts
  • LocationWhere the grass is definately not greener...

Posted April 15 2016 - 08:43 AM

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

Let keep this one going :) F*** Over Rebuilt Dodge, Found On Road Dead,...?

Edited by SemiAutoFetish, April 15 2016 - 08:43 AM.

#44 PlumberGus

PlumberGus

Sockdolager

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , Donated Member

• 844 posts
  • LocationLon-Guy-Land

Posted April 15 2016 - 09:27 AM

My lowly 15 SS 1LE spent the first weekend in March passing a couple of new GT350s (one was an R) and two older GT500s around VIR.
I'm not that impressed with them as they come from the factory. My Camaro isn't exactly stock though, but compared to the new ZL1. I got nothing.
I predict that the 350Rs will tuck tail and fight the new SS or 1LE in their class. The ZL1 will have to wait for when Ford puts out the new GT500, and even then I don't see that being too fair of a fight.
I've been waiting for the ZL1 to go production so i can trade up, but the rumors and spy shots out there are pointing to a new Z/28 coming out in 2018. I might have to wait for that thing. Though I can't imagine it would be faster around a track than the ZL1 by a whole bunch.

As far as Dodge goes. I love the look of the Challenger, but the only one that really competes is the scat pack. In a straight line that damn thing is amazing. But not a single one can take a turn without taking a bunch of speed out of it. The Hellcat is fast in a straight line as well, but they are so damn heavy. I'd take the 60HP less ZL1 any day for straight lines or around corners.

The new Viper ACR on the other hand has just pretty well blown away every track record for a factory stock car. It's priced at the level of a well optioned Z06 Vette is. But so far it's been faster than pretty much everything. Now if I just had 110k for an occasionally driven car.
  • C6NY and Hannco like this

#45 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16,123 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted April 15 2016 - 09:46 AM

How 'bout 8x the price. Get your app in now. :gaffaw2

http://blog.caranddr...s-up-for-grabs/

#46 C6NY

C6NY

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7,904 posts

Posted April 15 2016 - 11:10 AM

Grownups? Take another look at some of the comments in this thread. :gaffaw2

Why do people take this **** so personally?

blammo=poopy head
  • Hannco likes this

#47 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16,123 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted April 15 2016 - 11:16 AM

blammo=poopy head

BLAMMO: No, you're a poopy head.
C6NY: No, you're a poopy head
BLAMMO: No, you're a poopy head.
C6NY: No, you're a poopy head
I'm rubber and you're glue ...
  • Hannco likes this

#48 killian

killian

Retired

• Donated Member
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationEastern Suffolk

Posted April 15 2016 - 03:51 PM

Only the best selling vehicle ever......F150.....

Yes I'm a Ford guy, but agree the vette is the best bang for the buck for a true sports car. Nothing in its class even if you added 50k to its price.

I'm perfectly happy with the camaro and mustang going back and forth in their pissing contest because it's the car guys that win in the end. When I started driving, the 302 stand was putting out something like 210 or 225 hp and the 305 camaro was similar....now look at what these similar motors are pushing out....no one loses here.

Best selling, yes but not the best. The F150 is a disposable pickup, that's why so many govt agencies use them. When they break down they just buy new ones to use up that yearly budget money. Just look around and tell me how many older F150s you still see on the road, not as many as you would think considering that they are the best selling.
  • Hannco likes this

#49 Uvbnaxed

Uvbnaxed

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7,584 posts
  • LocationS. Huntington

Posted April 15 2016 - 04:35 PM

Both are out of my budget. Too busy buying and building guns.
But, I will say the new fords overall quality has gone to the pits. Myself and a fellow LIF member here have had nothing but issues with thier new fords.
I have test driven some of the new Chevys, and regret not buying one.
  • killian likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users