Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

This will be leaving Pony Boys in the dust...

zl1 2017 camaro

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted April 14 2016 - 08:01 PM

the pics simply don't do this thing justice.

I'm sorry I'm just not digging it. Ford knocked the ball out of the park with the original Mustang redo. Chevy hit a foul ball. This is just a bastardization of a 69 taken to the limit.

What Chevy needed to do was one up Ford and bring out a new version of the 70 split bumper style. The market is there.
  • TJ Ironhorse and Uvbnaxed like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 C6NY

C6NY

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7,904 posts

Posted April 14 2016 - 08:04 PM

Here's a Chevy that hasn't been made in three years but totally spanks the new GT350 around the 'Green Hell'. Even the no longer made C6 ZO6 still beats the brand spanking new top tier Mustang GT350 around the track. Not to forget, most of them are still eating Mustangs on the street and track even after all these years.
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=k6mEirkQN8o

#23 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted April 14 2016 - 08:09 PM

Here's a Chevy that hasn't been made in three years but totally spanks the new GT350 around the 'Green Hell'. Even the no longer made C6 ZO6 still beats the brand spanking new top tier Mustang GT350 around the track. Not to forget, most of them are still eating Mustangs on the street and track even after all these years.
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=k6mEirkQN8o

here you go.

• C6NY likes this

#24 Diesel1

Diesel1

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted April 14 2016 - 08:11 PM

The GT350 is a Shelby. Only thing Chevy has going for them is the Silverado and Vette? What does ford have besides the mustang which needs to be tuned by an outside company to even compete? And Nothing ford makes compares to the Corvette, period.

Only the best selling vehicle ever......F150.....

Yes I'm a Ford guy, but agree the vette is the best bang for the buck for a true sports car. Nothing in its class even if you added 50k to its price.

I'm perfectly happy with the camaro and mustang going back and forth in their pissing contest because it's the car guys that win in the end. When I started driving, the 302 stand was putting out something like 210 or 225 hp and the 305 camaro was similar....now look at what these similar motors are pushing out....no one loses here.
  • 100MPG, C6NY, The Idiocracy and 1 other like this

#25 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted April 14 2016 - 08:23 PM

Only the best selling vehicle ever......F150.....

Yes I'm a Ford guy, but agree the vette is the best bang for the buck for a true sports car. Nothing in its class even if you added 50k to its price.

I'm perfectly happy with the camaro and mustang going back and forth in their pissing contest because it's the car guys that win in the end. When I started driving, the 302 stand was putting out something like 210 or 225 hp and the 305 camaro was similar....now look at what these similar motors are pushing out....no one loses here.

Sorry I have to disagree. I had a 92 Camaro with the 305. It was a dog compared to the 5.0 Stang. As an add on Dodge also knocked it out of the park with the Challenger redo. It made me forgive their Charger debacle.
  • grifhunter likes this

#26 The Idiocracy

The Idiocracy

I'm a Michigander now.

• Donated Member
  • 5,170 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 14 2016 - 08:26 PM

If the charger / challenger handled better than a bowl of soup, they'd be in this fight too, scat pack at 485HP!!!
  • Hannco likes this

#27 C6NY

C6NY

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7,904 posts

Posted April 14 2016 - 08:54 PM

If the charger / challenger handled better than a bowl of soup, they'd be in this fight too, scat pack at 485HP!!!

Weighing up to 2 1/4 tons! The things have great plants but the damn tonnage kills em, especially handling, braking.

Corrected redundancy

Edited by C6NY, April 14 2016 - 09:05 PM.

• Hannco likes this

#28 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 10,576 posts

Posted April 14 2016 - 09:03 PM

thats funny. And 640 HP should do the trick.

Isn't the Hellcat 700HP?
  • 100MPG likes this

#29 Hannco

Hannco

Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilation = invasion

• Club LIF Member
  • 8,117 posts
  • LocationCentral Nassau

Posted April 14 2016 - 09:10 PM

A Z06/Z07 package out brakes Every production car for Any price and at 1.1G skid pad ratings, it out handles Every production car at Any price.

On Long Island, braking and handling are Way more important than 0-60.

There is no car that preforms better than the Z08/Z07 package for under $300,000 and you can buy a LOADED one for $110,000.

Isn't the Hellcat 700HP?

The HellCat is 707HP and about 400HP gets planted and 300+ burns up its tires because it has a terrible suspension.

Dam spellcheck...

Edited by Hannco, April 14 2016 - 10:31 PM.

• 100MPG and C6NY like this

#30 VolkoSupply

VolkoSupply

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2,834 posts

Posted April 14 2016 - 09:28 PM

pfffttt.....................miata.
  • 100MPG, C6NY and zoomzoom631 like this

#31 grifhunter

grifhunter

Im Back I love LIF

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,618 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted April 14 2016 - 09:30 PM

Mopar. http://www.drivesrt....er-srt-hellcat/

#32 The Idiocracy

The Idiocracy

I'm a Michigander now.

• Donated Member
  • 5,170 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 14 2016 - 09:36 PM

Mopar. http://www.drivesrt....er-srt-hellcat/

They only win bench races!!
  • PeepSight likes this

#33 GunLuver

GunLuver

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY, stickville USA

Posted April 14 2016 - 09:42 PM

Some southern soul for the thread

https://video.search...rodege_001&vm=p

#34 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 10,576 posts

Posted April 14 2016 - 10:02 PM

The HellCat is 707HP and about 400HP gets planted and 300+ burns up its tires because it has a terrible suspension.

Sounds about right for Dodge..... Vipers seem the same way, lots of spin, no go.... They were always entertaining to watch at the autocrosses, lots of noise and smoke - lousy times.
  • VolkoSupply and Hannco like this

#35 100MPG

100MPG

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Donated Member

• 4,780 posts
  • LocationLong Giland

Posted April 15 2016 - 01:04 AM

nothing better than a Chevy/ford muscle car discussion. Cus it is one topic I know all the comments are just busting chops.Everyone can go have a beer after all the bench racing is done for the day and the ford guys are good sports for always buying, they don't even complain about loosing every single time!
  • The Idiocracy and Hannco like this

#36 C6NY

C6NY

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7,904 posts

Posted April 15 2016 - 06:13 AM

Sounds about right for Dodge..... Vipers seem the same way, lots of spin, no go.... They were always entertaining to watch at the autocrosses, lots of noise and smoke - lousy times.

To Vipers credit, they're not a home racing in mall parking lots, but put cars like that on real tracks and we see where they shine.

#37 PeepSight

PeepSight

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 15,416 posts

Posted April 15 2016 - 06:42 AM

Does it come with an 8-track?

#38 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16,123 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted April 15 2016 - 06:57 AM

Does your dad know you're on his grownup website?

Grownups? Take another look at some of the comments in this thread. :gaffaw2

Why do people take this **** so personally?

#39 DLM

DLM

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3,194 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted April 15 2016 - 07:47 AM

Meh. It's a nice looking car but I swore that I'd never do business with Obama's Government Motors.
  • Diesel1 likes this

#40 gopedxr7

gopedxr7

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 4,067 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 15 2016 - 08:03 AM

really wish i could buy one, but i cant live with a car that small as an only car. wish i had space for another car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users