Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Labrador Retrievers - it's gonna happen

labrador retrievers it gonna happen

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 BIGROB

BIGROB

Banned

• Banned
  • Others:
  • 3,206 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 13 2016 - 09:37 PM

My Trusted advisors...

After 3 years of discussion with my wife - we have decided to bring a Labrador Retiever into our lives...we have agreed to a Black Lab.

I am looking for your collective advice on breeders...I can understand and truly appreciate the rescue movement - but please understand that my wife was severley attacked by a dog in her youth and she & I will only feel comfortable with a purebreed Lab that we know for certain its pedrigree..... one we can raise from as early as possible.

With that said- I am looking for your help in finding a good breeder - thanks in advance.

Frank

Check American Kennel club... Even then still be careful.
  • Redcoat3340 and Old Frank like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 pitbull428

pitbull428

Recovering vegan, bacon saved my life

• Club LIF Member
  • 3,472 posts

Posted April 13 2016 - 11:25 PM

Also looking for names....taking suggestions...

My suggestions have not been approved:

Rami
Kimber
Colt
Wesson
Stag
Smith
Glock

Have all been rejected...don't know why

Obviously great names

If you cant get any of those to fly may I suggest more subtle choices

For a male...Barrett

For a female....Sierra

#23 Redcoat3340

Redcoat3340

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,742 posts

Posted April 14 2016 - 12:08 AM

Get two. I always wanted two dogs at the same time so I could call one Scotch and the other Soda.

(Used to date a gal who had two cats: Bergdoff and Goodman. Always thought that was kute.)

And there are solid differences between "English" labs and regular American ones, I'm told the English labs are a bit less high strung (but then I can't imagine a dog less high strung as a breed than a Lab), they are bigger by 10 - 15% or so, and not as common. Also, I think there are different prices for a dog from a breeder who specializes in hunting/retrieving Labs, versus a breeder who breeds for the show ring, and a breeder who breeds for family pets.

• Lovemyglock and Old Frank like this

#24 BIGROB

BIGROB

Banned

• Banned
  • Others:
  • 3,206 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 14 2016 - 12:50 AM

Oops, I forgot my wife knows a fantastic breeder. I will send you a message with her name and number later today when I find out.
  • Old Frank likes this

#25 GunLuver

GunLuver

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY, stickville USA

Posted April 14 2016 - 01:30 AM

My Trusted advisors...

After 3 years of discussion with my wife - we have decided to bring a Labrador Retiever into our lives...we have agreed to a Black Lab.

I am looking for your collective advice on breeders...I can understand and truly appreciate the rescue movement - but please understand that my wife was severley attacked by a dog in her youth and she & I will only feel comfortable with a purebreed Lab that we know for certain its pedrigree..... one we can raise from as early as possible.

With that said- I am looking for your help in finding a good breeder - thanks in advance.

Frank

Labs are a lot of fun and can be a lot of work. The ones I've known have just love to chew shoes. This dog had a shoe fetish.hhahahaha But there was nothing like walking my lab in the woods or going out to the lake with him. Of course they love to swim. But they are loyal and loving dogs till the end. It would be great if you could adopt one but seeing your reasons I could understand why not. I'm glad your wife is able to get a dog at all considering what happened to her! I wish you all the best with it and let me know if you need any advise on training etc. I've trained all my dogs very well.
  • Lovemyglock, r0t0 and Old Frank like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: labrador, retrievers, it, gonna, happen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users