Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Absolute best .22 snap caps 100 for $6.00

absolute best 22 snap caps 100 for 600

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,627 posts

Posted September 18 2016 - 04:55 PM

Use them all the time. Way cheaper, and completely effective. More money for ammo this way. Lol

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#22 hawkeye

hawkeye

Gunecologist

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2,249 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 18 2016 - 04:59 PM

It seems the only difference is the length of the case and if so (I never had a .22 magnum) it would work just as well.

Sorry for resurrecting this older thread, but what are your thoughts regarding using these anchors as a cheap snap-cap for a gun chambered in .22 Magnum?

#23 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 20,942 posts

Posted September 19 2016 - 04:14 AM

Sorry for resurrecting this older thread, but what are your thoughts regarding using these anchors as a cheap snap-cap for a gun chambered in .22 Magnum?

It seems the only difference is the length of the case and if so (I never had a .22 magnum) it would work just as well.

Just fine for 22 mag...only difference is longer length and slightly larger bullet diameter which is not a factor here

#24 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 10,524 posts

Posted September 19 2016 - 08:28 AM

.22MAG case is a slightly larger diameter than .22LR .22LR case is .22" and the bullet has a smaller heel that sits in the case. .22MAG the Full diameter of the bullet fits in the case. without doing a capt wiki, I think the case is .24-.25"

ETA - Yep. looked it up, case is .242 diameter. .22LR is .226 so it's a .016 difference... look before you snap, but the plugs will likely be fine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: absolute, best, 22, snap, caps, 100, for, 600

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users