Long Island Shooters Forum banner

SCPD Alarm Permits

4K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  mason852 
#1 ·
So, I just sit down and sign onto FB and the first thing that pops up is a post from the local library saying that you can pick up your alarm permit application there. Seriously ??? Pretty soon we'll need a permit to take a breath, to walk out of the house... Geez I hate Long Island..

http://scpd.suffolkcountyny.gov/crywolf/

#11 ·
Got one too. Typical not so veiled attempt to extort money. They claim it's to cover their costs due to responding to false alarms. If thats the case, fine individuals instead of making everyone foot the bill. This is the democraptic response to everything in this nanny state.

#15 ·
Yo be fair since many )( rightfully) think tis is total Bullstuff we didn't read it.
I'm canceling my monitored system that contacts police and only contacts me and my frinds that agreed to check on my house.
I think it is absolutely disgusting that we pay these insane property taxes and the police want me to get a permit to do their job?
They want to fine me if it has false alarms but they don't fine welfare freeloaders for wasting police time?

#20 ·
Get a dog...... Someone has to pay for all the corruption in this State. Trust them you get a permit, just pay and your alarm system will work better..... Its like a shake down from the MOB.....No difference that's why they take your guns and fund police (there body guards and enforcers) really well in this State.... They own the muscle and your just the money makers.....

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
You get two false alarms before they fine you. It's cheaper to not get a "permit".

http://ecode360.com/30898722

A permitted alarm owner shall be subject to warnings and fees for false alarm notifications issued by the Department for each occurrence of a false alarm occurring within any one year of the anniversary date of the issuance of the permit, in accordance with the following graduated schedule:

Residential Building
1. Written warning only
2. Written warning only
3. $100
4. $150
5. $200
6. $250
7. $300
8. $350
9. $450
10. $500

#24 ·
You get two false alarms before they fine you. It's cheaper to not get a "permit".

http://ecode360.com/30898722

A permitted alarm owner shall be subject to warnings and fees for false alarm notifications issued by the Department for each occurrence of a false alarm occurring within any one year of the anniversary date of the issuance of the permit, in accordance with the following graduated schedule:

Residential Building
1. Written warning only
2. Written warning only
3. $100
4. $150
5. $200
6. $250
7. $300
8. $350
9. $450
10. $500
The alarm company will notify 911 to send the police to the location. Many homeowners don't have an Alarm Permit and get notified by mail by the Police Department of not having a valid permit for a residential alarm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.