Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Gun Show Case

Tags
case gun show
3K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Dan 0351 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.overstock...59/product.html

I have a fairly decent collection, and they hide in my basement cabinet.
Now I'm thinking of a show case, but I don't like the lock. Anyone have one ? Or would you even show off your collection ?

$200, and it looks like furniture. Price seems fair.

#2 ·
Heavy sigh.
Growing up, these were in many of my friends houses. It was where their fathers kept their rifles.
And not once, ever, did any of we kids think about opening the door to any of them.
I'm afraid the world has changed Mt Blur.
Now that firearms and the new Boogey man, something that is constantly drilled into the snowflakes heads, I would not feel comfortable having them behind a piece of glass secured by a dollar lockset.
Sad state of affairs,

#15 ·
Heavy sigh.
Growing up, these were in many of my friends houses. It was where their fathers kept their rifles.
And not once, ever, did any of we kids think about opening the door to any of them. Well Joe that's because as a kid we had respect and knew if we touched what you were not supposed to your butt would have a red spot on it!
I'm afraid the world has changed Mt Blur.
Now that firearms and the new Boogey man, something that is constantly drilled into the snowflakes heads, I would not feel comfortable having them behind a piece of glass secured by a dollar lockset.
Sad state of affairs,

#5 ·
http://www.overstock...59/product.html

I have a fairly decent collection, and they hide in my basement cabinet.
Now I'm thinking of a show case, but I don't like the lock. Anyone have one ? Or would you even show off your collection ?

$200, and it looks like furniture. Price seems fair.
Obviously, you are some kind of gun nut.......jk
Just like Joe said, these have gone by the way of electric wall clocks.....At least in this area....

#7 ·
Had one years ago, but honestly felt bad every time I went away for a weekend would take the guns out bagum and stash them in the attic, finally turned it into a bookcase and bought a gun safe. As much as I liked looking at them I was worried about who else was looking at them, lets face it people talk and a kids friend or relative talking to friends about the cool guns you have on display real innocent like and then... just my opinion on that, now about the cabinet good buy for 200.00

#10 ·
Does it come with a little hammer hanging on a chain and a sign that says; "In case of emergency, break glass."

#11 ·
If you live in a free state I wouldn't worry. Here in new yorkistan, I would be concerned that someone might look in a window, see an arsenal, and call the police, because......well, you know...feelings.

#13 ·
We have one of those at our hunting cabin upstate. We put or rifles/shotguns in their when we go up. A lot easier then having to go through several gun cases to find the one your looking for. You can find some nice ones on craigslist for a lot cheaper. Thats where we got ours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.