Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Rogusa International transfers

rogusa international transfers

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 3,939 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted April 04 2016 - 01:50 PM

so has anyone placed an order and have it come to their door?

Yes. 'Nuff said.
  • gopedxr7 and li02liberty like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 3,939 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted April 04 2016 - 01:56 PM

Target will ship. Only downside Is they aren't the cheapest to order from.

I was satisfied with 1000rds Federal 9mm for $229.80 shipped free.
Maybe it was a sale ( ? )
  • TJ Ironhorse likes this

#23 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,403 posts

Posted April 04 2016 - 02:31 PM

The package is currently on Fed Ex truck for delivery Monday. Obviously the business will be closed. Another delivery exception will show. Once that occurs, I'm going to request it be held at Fed Ex for pick up. I cant now because it's current status show on truck for delivery. The sight wont allow me to request it.
Hoping that works. Will post the results.

Go to the store - if they left a notice, mark it 'hold for pickup" Or, leave a note on the door "Please hold tracking # xxxx for pickup"

that'll save you a day waiting, AND, hopefully prevent it getting returned.

#24 PlumberGus

PlumberGus

Sockdolager

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , Donated Member

• 844 posts
  • LocationLon-Guy-Land

Posted April 04 2016 - 03:06 PM

As of the adoption of the 2016 NYS budget. The money set aside for the ammo database has been pulled. That means no DB is forthcoming, and this "should" lead to ammo being an unrestricted item once again.
But that part of the law hasn't been changed or updated as far as anyone can tell. It likely won't be changed until there is a case before a court where someone is charged with violating that portion of the law, or direct challenge to that portion of the law.

"
3. The FY 2016 Enacted Budget does include a re-appropriation of $50 million from the original $87 million appropriation in the FY 2014 Information Technology Budget. From this original Information Technology Budget, the Division of Budget identified $8 million dollars that has been spent on various components of the SAFE Act. An additional $7 million was to have been used for an Ammunition Sales Database. The adopted FY 2016 budget includes a reduction of the $7 million that would have been used to establish the database. This reduction can be found in S.2004-C/A.3004-C page 311 of the Capital Budget under the Office of Information Technology Service Budget. (Please see attachement)
"

I was able to order ammo to my house from a couple of sellers. But still others aren't shipping to individuals based on their understanding of the law.
Who's up for filing a case?
  • snowblind likes this

#25 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted April 04 2016 - 03:18 PM

I miss SG Ammo.
  • pequa1, bigbore44 and bberetta1 like this

#26 vmtcmt

vmtcmt

Uh-oh...

• Established Member
  • 12,524 posts
  • LocationRychia

Posted April 04 2016 - 03:19 PM

I miss SG Ammo.

Apparently, they don't miss you (us) enough.
  • bigbore44 and Barnslayer like this

#27 nedbal

nedbal

win support for firearms - train a new shooter

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationFreeport R&R is my closest range, great place

Posted April 04 2016 - 04:45 PM

this thread should be in a donated section

It reminds me of a Troop L thread

#28 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,614 posts

Posted April 04 2016 - 04:53 PM

Go to the store - if they left a notice, mark it 'hold for pickup" Or, leave a note on the door "Please hold tracking # xxxx for pickup"

that'll save you a day waiting, AND, hopefully prevent it getting returned.

Final outcome. I went to wait for the Fex Ex guy this morning. Got my ammo.
  • bigbore44 and wrench like this

#29 Sheeple

Sheeple

Banned

• Banned
  • 10,933 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted April 04 2016 - 05:25 PM

Wait, so I can ship ammo to my house? Nothing in the law changed, but there's no funding. So...Freedom Munitions here I come?

#30 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted April 04 2016 - 07:27 PM

Apparently, they don't miss you (us) enough.

I contacted them not too long ago. Told them how many out of state vendors were selling to NYS via FFL shipping addresses. They got right back to me saying they don't want to resume shipping to NYS until they can ship direct to the buyer. Maybe a list of vendors that do this would help?

#31 Sheeple

Sheeple

Banned

• Banned
  • 10,933 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted April 04 2016 - 07:30 PM

I contacted them not too long ago. Told them how many out of state vendors were selling to NYS via FFL shipping addresses. They got right back to me saying they don't want to resume shipping to NYS until they can ship direct to the buyer. Maybe a list of vendors that do this would help?

They can ship directly to us now, can't they? The background checks on ammo has been defunded. It's defunct now. Or am I misinterpreting things?

#32 bberetta1

bberetta1

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3,123 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 04 2016 - 07:41 PM

I contacted them as well. They got right back to me saying basically until there is clarification of the law, they would not deal with NY. I told them that other sellers were shipping to NY via FFL transfers. They said they were not interested in doing that because they are a small family run operation and that would require more man power to deal with the paperwork involved.

I seriously begged.

Edited by bberetta1, April 04 2016 - 07:42 PM.

• Barnslayer likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rogusa, international, transfers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users