Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Bad Guy Kills/Injures Multiple Dogs In Iditarod Race

bad guy killsinjuries multiple dogs in iditarod race

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,100 posts

Posted March 12 2016 - 04:22 PM

I noted the start of the Iditarod 1000 mile dog race last week. Today some idiot cretin tried to kill a couple of the mushers and succeeded in killing and injuring several dogs. Only good thing is that in Alaska this ain't gonna be viewed with favor..

http://www.adn.com/a...e-driving-drunk

Edited by blue steel, March 12 2016 - 04:27 PM.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 19,559 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 12 2016 - 04:44 PM

Stripped him naked and leave him in the cold.

#3 Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 12 2016 - 04:52 PM

Killing a sled dog in Alaska, is probably considered a capital offense.
  • BLAMMO likes this

#4 LI Ammo

LI Ammo

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Established Member, Club LIF Member

• 873 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 12 2016 - 04:55 PM

Killing a sled dog in Alaska, is probably considered a capital offense.

Killing a sled dog in Alaska, is probably definitely considered a capital offense.

#5 100MPG

100MPG

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • Others: Donated Member

• 4,780 posts
  • LocationLong Giland

Posted March 12 2016 - 04:57 PM

what a useless drunk.

Arnold Demoski, 26, said in a phone interview Saturday that he struck the dog teams and was blacked out when it happened after drinking hard liquor in a nearby village. He said it was not an attack as the media has reported.

He apologized for the incident Saturday. He’s a longtime fan of the race who used to make signs welcoming the mushers. He said King was always his favorite.

“I don’t care if people know if I was drinking and driving,” he said. “I’m really glad (Zirkle) and (King) are OK and I really feel sorry for Nash.”

Demoski, a natural resources coordinator for the Nulato tribal council, said he came to after the collisions with his adrenaline pumping. He said he thinks he turned around to check on the teams, but was afraid to stop out of fear he would get in trouble for drinking and driving.

“As soon as I woke up this morning I heard about what happened,” he said. “I went to check my sno-go. The front panel was missing. I knew it was me right off bat. I called the (village public safety officer) right off, told him it was me. I told him I’d do whatever they want me to do. I’ll tell the troopers whatever they want to know. I feel really bad for what I did.”

Edited by 100MPG, March 12 2016 - 04:58 PM.

#6 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,100 posts

Posted March 12 2016 - 05:41 PM

Musher Jeff King's dog Nash who was killed by this freaking drunk SOB...

http://www.adn.com/a...-iditarod-trail

Attached Thumbnails

• Nash.jpg

Edited by blue steel, March 12 2016 - 05:41 PM.

#7 100MPG

100MPG

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Donated Member

• 4,780 posts
  • LocationLong Giland

Posted March 12 2016 - 05:54 PM

Musher Jeff King's dog Nash who was killed by this freaking drunk SOB...

http://www.adn.com/a...-iditarod-trail

it shows how bad drinking and operating a motor vehicle is. in one of the MOST REMOTE parts of ALASKA, drinking and operating a MV is the cause of death. it is crazy. they need to crack down. mandatory jail if you are drunk and driving.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bad, guy, killsinjuries, multiple, dogs, in, iditarod, race

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users