Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

BASS PRO SPECIAL O/U STOEGER 20 GA.

bass pro special ou stoeger 20 ga

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lonewolf5347

lonewolf5347

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,444 posts

Posted March 04 2016 - 05:42 PM

I been tossing it around on buying a 20 ga. for light sporting clays more like a when ever I get a chance to shoot.
I been shooting clays here with a few members 20 ga. O/U guns from high dollar to budget prices some fit me well others not so good.
I shot a Mossberg silver (older model) man this stock had a high comb the gentleman wanted to sell me but no way it fit me.
I read a few bad reviews on the newer models, price wise around the 599.00 mark.
I also look at a few CZ .TrStar which I handle this l past week end and did pretty good on the clays knocking 4 out of 5 each end.
I did also check out a Stoeger Conder I know from what I read it is a toss up out of Brazil bu bass pro had a special 399.00 with the 28" barrel.
The gun is a little on the heavy side but I am not small game hunting will be shooting sporting clays and the extra weight will be advantage to me to lighten recoil even more.
Well after all said and done with the rebates offered from bass pro out the door gun ran $345.00 hay if it shoots straight the rest is up to the shooter.
I did totally clean the internals removed the butt stock oiled all moving parts lots of packing grease in the bore and on the gun.I did also notice when I got home the rear receiver seem to a 32" step over the end the rear rib but it is not a 2,000.00 dollar firearm .
Gun locks up tight would say leaning more towards 7 lbs or high end 6+ lbs .
I called stoeger to day seem they installed the same choke in both barrel was going to drop one in the mail to-day.
5 year warranty can ask for much for that price as long as she she shoots straight

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 C6NY

C6NY

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7,899 posts

Posted March 04 2016 - 05:46 PM

Congrats and enjoy. Let us know how you like it once you get it outside.

#3 mickeyblueyes

mickeyblueyes

Listen up,I don't dial 911.

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMany miles from Uranis

Posted March 04 2016 - 05:53 PM

I had one it was good for the price,first thing take out that auto safety. Very easy ,check you tube.

Mine kicked like a mule even with target loads so perhaps the 20 will be better, in the end I sold it and found a first gen Ruger Red Label. Like new. Good luck.

#4 lonewolf5347

lonewolf5347

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,444 posts

Posted March 05 2016 - 04:36 PM

I did field test it to day Right On the Money
set up a target at 15 yards first barrel (Lower) dead on
second barrel a tad higher ( Top) again dead center Mass
looks like it will do the job :party

#5 loadingdockman

loadingdockman

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 4,940 posts
  • LocationYou will never know........

Posted March 05 2016 - 05:31 PM

Pics, or this was just a dream......

#6 lonewolf5347

lonewolf5347

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,444 posts

Posted March 05 2016 - 07:09 PM

http://www.stoegerin...r-field-shotgun

#7 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 20,715 posts

Posted February 14 2017 - 09:59 AM

Well, any added thoughts?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bass, pro, special, ou, stoeger, 20, ga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users