Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Home video security.

5K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  OH UNCLE PAUL 
#1 ·
Good day, fellas.
Is there a local company on LI, that does multifamily property video surveillance installations? I am looking into a monthly ADT-like contracts. Just several cameras over small multifamily facility with local recording. If anyone had a good/bad experience please share. If anyone can recommend someone that be great too.

Thank you.

#11 ·
DIY had gotten much easier. There two flavors analog signal which uses a DVR and coax cable, and a digital which uses ethernet cable with POE (power over ethernet) and an NVR (network video recorder).
The digital requires a CAT5 cable run which is easier because the cable is much thinner than the coax. Setup is fairly straightforward, and all offer remote viewing access.
Lorex is one of the better known (to me), two systems and the setup has been easy.

#12 ·
I've come across this brand, Arlo http://arlo.com/en-us/

Not sure how good they are, but no wires, easy to move, easy to steal.

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
Don't use ADT, and don't use Sentry.
Both companies are so big, they just want your money, and provide lousy service.
and forget Slomins too. More complaints than any other company.

Reactions: VolkoSupply
#25 ·
IP vs Analogue: There is also a 3rd variant (hikvision calls it turbo) that uses coax but gives you HD video. Its pretty slick but be warned, there a lot of guys who do this work and prices vary from less than dirt cheap to big bucks. this difference is the quality of the equipment. Its really hard to compare apples to apples when looking at different quotes. IVe seen cameras under $30 and over $3,000. DVRs and NVRs also vary widely. Check the warranty of the equipment.

Also use a licensed guy. CCTV falls under the NYS alarm license and in Suffolk, you need a restricted license even to run internet/ cat 5 lines. lastly, since this a commercial property make sure you get a insurance certificate from whom ever you hire. If a tenant trips over his tools, ladders, wire etc. you'll have problems.

Oh and you shouldn't have to pay a monthly unless you lease it.

#26 ·
Good day, fellas.
Is there a local company on LI, that does multifamily property video surveillance installations? I am looking into a monthly ADT-like contracts. Just several cameras over small multifamily facility with local recording. If anyone had a good/bad experience please share. If anyone can recommend someone that be great too.

Thank you.
It's a rare occasion I quote myself....However. The issue is still open. If you have actually have had a job done locally, please share.

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
Anyone ever installed surveillance/security cameras on a commercial property?
Perhaps you own a store, a garage? and have used someone for your place of business?
I will follow every lead at this point. Our resident wizard left me in worst position than where I was when I started looking.

Anyone?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.