Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Bad experience

bad experience

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#141 longbeach tony

longbeach tony

Banned

• Banned
  • Others:
  • 2,205 posts

Posted February 19 2016 - 04:19 PM

This comes to mind..............

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#142 xcentrk

xcentrk

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 590 posts
  • LocationBrookhaven

Posted February 19 2016 - 04:35 PM

When will it ...........................END ???

You sure know how to make a guy not want to ever open this thread again..... now where is that bleach.

#143 gripper

gripper

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1,949 posts

Posted February 19 2016 - 05:50 PM

8 pages on nuttin, $$ 1,000,000.00 ? will it be alive come sat morn

#144 Edward_Blake

Edward_Blake

The Artist formally known as AR_Guy

• Club LIF Member
  • 6,896 posts

Posted February 19 2016 - 06:26 PM

In the interest of keeping Friday night interesting. OP, can you describe the person who offended you?

ETA: I'm just trying to figure out who it was.

Edited by Edward_Blake, February 19 2016 - 06:27 PM.

• NorthForkSportsman, crashguy, nedbal and 1 other like this

#145 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted February 19 2016 - 06:54 PM

Maybe a photo will help?

Posted Image
  • bigbore44 likes this

#146 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted February 19 2016 - 07:02 PM

In the interest of keeping Friday night interesting. OP, can you describe the person who offended you?

ETA: I'm just trying to figure out who it was.

Maybe I can help with a standard Newsday description.

Male wearing a black shirt and blue pants.
  • bigbore44, DrBrianDDS and MikeM like this

#147 Sheeple

Sheeple

Banned

• Banned
  • 10,933 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted February 19 2016 - 07:19 PM

I'm not going to say it didn't happen. I wasn't there. I'm just saying I've been there a bunch of times over the last few years. Sometimes it's a friggin zoo and sometimes it's kinda quiet.
I try to be patient and try not to waste their time especially if it's crowded. They show me whatever gun I ask to see and never pressure me. Keep in mind each person behind the counter has a different personality. There are some at CGT I prefer over others. The only place I've ever gotten ignored was at the old location American Outdoor Sports. I never bothered going to their new store.

I went to their new location. Nothing changed.
  • Barnslayer likes this

#148 grifhunter

grifhunter

Im Back I love LIF

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,605 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted February 19 2016 - 07:33 PM

I know this is weird, but I like my gun shop to treat me like dung. If you ignore me, give me one word dismissive answers, and sell ammo 80% over the going internet rate, I am less inclined to impulse buy stuff.
  • crashguy likes this

#149 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted February 19 2016 - 07:35 PM

I know this is weird, but I like my gun shop to treat me like dung. If you ignore me, give me one word dismissive answers, and sell ammo 80% over the going internet rate, I am less inclined to impulse buy stuff.

Need a car?
Posted Image
  • grifhunter, Edward_Blake, bigbore44 and 3 others like this

#150 grifhunter

grifhunter

Im Back I love LIF

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,605 posts

Posted February 19 2016 - 07:42 PM

Need a car?
Posted Image

I sad treated like crap, not anally raped.
  • Barnslayer likes this

#151 Edward_Blake

Edward_Blake

The Artist formally known as AR_Guy

• Club LIF Member
  • 6,896 posts

Posted February 19 2016 - 08:25 PM

Ok, I will bite. Has Coliseum treated you this way? If so, have you been there recently? They have bulk 9mm ammo at $13 a box, that isn't $80 percent over internet rate but I could be wrong.

Not to get defensive. But when you are busy, helping two people at a time. Sometime the interaction is rushed or course. No excuse but it happens.
  • NorthForkSportsman, bigbore44, ChiefSailer and 3 others like this

#152 VolkoSupply

VolkoSupply

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2,824 posts

Posted February 19 2016 - 10:12 PM

I've bought a pistol at coliseum. It was a nice experience.

Once I needed an extra mag for an MDTS course.....this is before they were a sponsor here. Someone went out of their way hunting for one S&W .45 M&Pc mag for me. They came up with it. I might have paid a few dollars more than I would have on the internet....but I'm pretty sure it was at MSRP. So basically someone spent about 15 minutes rummaging through boxes and bins to make about $7 or so profit off me, so I could go learn stuff two days later.

That was a win.
  • NorthForkSportsman, Edward_Blake, bigbore44 and 1 other like this

#153 grifhunter

grifhunter

Im Back I love LIF

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,605 posts

Posted February 19 2016 - 10:57 PM

Ok, I will bite. Has Coliseum treated you this way? If so, have you been there recently? They have bulk 9mm ammo at $13 a box, that isn't $80 percent over internet rate but I could be wrong.

Not to get defensive. But when you are busy, helping two people at a time. Sometime the interaction is rushed or course. No excuse but it happens.

I never dissed CGT, just expressed a tongue in cheek twist on the OPs butt hurt-ness. My wife bought my Beretta a300 for me last Christmas there, having never bought a gun before in her life, let alone venturing into a guns store. She was treated with the utmost respect, humor and patience at a very busy crowded time by the whatever youngish dude worked there. (My wife was the one who wanted the assurance she could return it if I didn't like it, like a gun is a pocketbook).

Anyway, I'm a big fan of CGT and have other good experiences there over the years. Other places, not so much. Happy now?
  • Edward_Blake likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bad, experience

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users