Long Island Shooters Forum banner

He has too much...Really???

6K views 81 replies 52 participants last post by  vmtcmt 
#1 ·
#8 ·
If I was this guy I would be watching my neighbors every step and the first one that even farts wrong is getting a dime dropped on em 200 rounds really oh and start lookin for a new place to hang your hat. Everyone of my " concerned" neighbors would become NRA members overnight via donation from there concerned neighborhood GUN NUT. This reeks of liberal horse sh8T hello HE IS A LEGAL GUN OWNER effing a holes

#14 ·
I think the gunpowder claim is wrong. i think it is exaggerated . if not im jealous

feel bad for the guy he has never done anything wrong other then reloading and shooting.

they got him on a technicality. is there a limit in nassau and suffolk

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think the gunpowder claim is wrong. i think it is exaggerated . if not im jealous

feel bad for the guy he has never done anything wrong other then reloading and shooting.

they got him on a technicality. is there a limit in nassau and suffolk
no limit in NY State, that's a NYC restriction, NYC is it's own different world.

It always gets me how much a culture clash this point is. If you grew up liberal in a Metropolis with zero exposure to gun culture, you always hear the misguided response: "wow, that's a lot of ammo." (Bill O'Reilly was one of those who freaked and said if anyone is buying hundreds of rounds the FBI should be alerted LOL)

In most other states shooting sports and collecting firearms is considered a respectable pursuit, done by judges, doctors, teachers, lawyers, etc.(plus there's a strong gun culture of hunting and outdoorsmanship) And those who never have been in shooting sports can't understand that you may shoot hundreds of rounds in a practice session for a match. And people practice all the time. So sure, just like buying bulk TP at Costco, you buy bulk on ammo (most common way it's sold).

#22 ·
This guy lives a block and a half away from me, wish I'd known, I could have used some Varget.

Not really sure what they're gonna charge him with though, because the 200 round limit is fire code so I don't think it's criminal. And I've spent a fair amount of time researching powder/primers in NYC and can't find anything regulating storage. There's restrictions for manufacture for sale, but nothing else that I could find. I'm sure they'll find something to charge him with though. Maybe the mags were ten rounders (gasp).

I'm sure he was a little too friendly when it came to telling people what he had, and that got a phone call the PD. I follow all the bs regs because I can't afford the lawyers and would probably lose my job (teacher) if I was arrested for anything firearm related. I still however go out of my way to keep a low profile in my building just to avoid the attention. It's bull, but reality.

Ryan

#27 ·
Should have kept his mouth shut about his powder shipments to his neighbors.

Prob called the police and saw he has registered rifles. Boom. Warrant and door kicked down.

#33 ·
FDNY code 105.6 - A permit is required to store, handle, use or sell 200 or more shells of small arms ammunition. With a permit FDNY code 3306.2.2- Quantity restriction- It shall be unlawful to store small arms ammunition and primers, black powder or smokeless propellants in quantities exceeding the 2,500,000 cartridges for pistols. These two laws are for power actuated fasteners on construction sites but are also applied to any ammo storage. Ammo storage in the city has pages of codes most construction companies don't use 'shot guns' to set nails in concrete anymore because of the stringent codes, most use TrackFast. This guy is screwed more than he knows. his monetary penalties are going to be astronomical.

#46 ·
FDNY code 105.6 - A permit is required to store, handle, use or sell 200 or more shells of small arms ammunition. With a permit FDNY code 3306.2.2- Quantity restriction- It shall be unlawful to store small arms ammunition and primers, black powder or smokeless propellants in quantities exceeding the 2,500,000 cartridges for pistols. These two laws are for power actuated fasteners on construction sites but are also applied to any ammo storage. Ammo storage in the city has pages of codes most construction companies don't use 'shot guns' to set nails in concrete anymore because of the stringent codes, most use TrackFast. This guy is screwed more than he knows. his monetary penalties are going to be astronomical.
Wait a minute. you can store TWO MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND????
So WTF are they charging him with? I haven't counted my ammo so I don't honestly know, I think I'm under the 30K mark, but I'm WAYYYYY under the 2M mark for certain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.