Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Would like to give the LISC another try, BUT.

would like to give the lisc another try but

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 M-1 Carbine

M-1 Carbine

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,115 posts
  • LocationBayshore

Posted February 08 2016 - 11:54 AM

Here we go again!!!!!! Not really just wanted to know what is going on over at the LISC? does anyone know if that old grumpy guy is still there? had some words with him and don't want to deal with him but would like to give the range another try if he's gone. So whats the word??????

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 SemiAutoFetish

SemiAutoFetish

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationWhere the grass is definately not greener...

Posted February 08 2016 - 11:55 AM

:popcorn
  • ecr, spider, Lovemyglock and 1 other like this

#3 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted February 08 2016 - 11:58 AM

Does he at least eat chocolate sprinkles?
  • Tonto, CommackBoy, bigbore44 and 5 others like this

#4 mikeyravioli

mikeyravioli

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationIn the bathroom. I poop a lot

Posted February 08 2016 - 12:04 PM

I had an issue with them recently. Someone gave me a $100 gift certificate the Christmas before last. I went in to spend it in the spring and the store part was closed. The range and rentals were open. The range was leaking like a sieve. They told me the store would open again soon. I went back during the summer and still no store. Range still open. I told them I had a gift certificate and they said I could use it at the range if I wanted to or for a rental. Having my own guns and not wanting to use their crappy range I turned down the offer. Thanksgiving weekend I stopped in again and the store was still closed. I again mentioned the gift certificate because it was about to expire and again was offered use of the range and rental to spend it. Again decided against it so it ended up going to waste. I guess I could have used the range but I feel like the person who got it for me kind of got screwed. I was hoping to use it toward a case or scope or a knife or ammo but never got the chance.

Edited by mikeyravioli, February 08 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#5 Knight Rider

Knight Rider

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 8,990 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted February 08 2016 - 12:06 PM

Does he at least eat chocolate sprinkles?

Yes. Rainbow is to freaky for him.

#6 Lovemyglock

Lovemyglock

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 5,881 posts

Posted February 08 2016 - 12:07 PM

:popcorn

You got THAT right! lol
  • SemiAutoFetish and Short Circuit like this

#7 snowblind

snowblind

Nimble Navigator

• Established Member
  • 890 posts

Posted February 08 2016 - 12:27 PM

I had an issue with them recently. Someone gave me a $100 gift certificate the Christmas before last. I went in to spend it in the spring and the store part was closed. The range and rentals were open. The range was leaking like a sieve. They told me the store would open again soon. I went back during the summer and still no store. Range still open. I told them I had a gift certificate and they said I could use it at the range if I wanted to or for a rental. Having my own guns and not wanting to use their crappy range I turned down the offer. Thanksgiving weekend I stopped in again and the store was still closed. I again mentioned the gift certificate because it was about to expire and again was offered use of the range and rental to spend it. Again decided against it so it ended up going to waste. I guess I could have used the range but I feel like the person who got it for me kind of got screwed. I was hoping to use it toward a case or scope or a knife or ammo but never got the chance.

Wow.

#8 DOCTORPC

DOCTORPC

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 1,594 posts

Posted February 08 2016 - 01:50 PM

POPULAR

seems to me that if the store is not open for business they should extend your gift certificate
  • CaptainMitchell, Tonto, CommackBoy and 8 others like this

#9 Greencvo

Greencvo

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted February 08 2016 - 01:59 PM

Wow.

Not really.....that is standard operating procedure, over there! If you want to shorten your lifespan, loose a large percentage of your lung capacity AND, get abused, head on over there ASAP!

• Lou G likes this

#10 covertjy

covertjy

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 3,379 posts
  • LocationThe Free World

Posted February 08 2016 - 03:09 PM

seems to me that if the store is not open for business they should extend your gift certificate

I agree. How are you supposed to spend a gift certificate at a closed store. They should honor it for some ammo so that you can get SOMETHING for it then never deal with them again. Who would give you a gift certificate to this place?
Same guy give you a gift certificate onboard the Titanic or perhaps the Orca (Jaws reference)?
  • Lovemyglock and baxtersmith like this

#11 M-1 Carbine

M-1 Carbine

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,115 posts
  • LocationBayshore

Posted February 08 2016 - 03:11 PM

Well guess that answers my question.

#12 vmtcmt

vmtcmt

Uh-oh...

• Established Member
  • 12,524 posts
  • LocationRychia

Posted February 08 2016 - 03:24 PM

Automatic message - This topic has been moved from Chit-Chat to Gun Stores & Gunsmiths

#13 baxtersmith

baxtersmith

Respected Gunowner

• 184 posts

Posted February 08 2016 - 03:37 PM

The grumpy guy (Kenny) has been gone for a couple of years.
  • killian likes this

#14 mikeyravioli

mikeyravioli

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationIn the bathroom. I poop a lot

Posted February 08 2016 - 03:50 PM

I agree. How are you supposed to spend a gift certificate at a closed store. They should honor it for some ammo so that you can get SOMETHING for it then never deal with them again. Who would give you a gift certificate to this place?
Same guy give you a gift certificate onboard the Titanic or perhaps the Orca (Jaws reference)?

LOL. Some friends live around the corner from the place. Did them a couple of favors and they know I shoot but they don't so they thought they were hooking me up. As the saying goes - its the thought that counts.

#15 SigSauer228

SigSauer228

Gun Guru

• 5,761 posts

Posted February 08 2016 - 05:56 PM

That place sucks and so do all the people who work there.
  • phumb, jrd, hawkeye and 1 other like this

#16 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 9,959 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted February 08 2016 - 06:39 PM

Ok this is what I heard the store had a partial roof collapse (25%). The owner is not interested in fixing it as it is still making money in the range. The store was losing money for years (poop customer service )and the gunsmith never made anything but headaches. This is from a cop who use to buy a lot from there.

I wise DSI bought the place.

#17 SigSauer228

SigSauer228

Gun Guru

• 5,761 posts

Posted February 08 2016 - 07:14 PM

Ok this is what I heard the store had a partial roof collapse (25%). The owner is not interested in fixing it as it is still making money in the range. The store was losing money for years (poop customer service )and the gunsmith never made anything but headaches. This is from a cop who use to buy a lot from there.

I wish DSI bought the place.

2 things. 1. Their "gunsmith" sucks. He prolly gets advice from youtube videos. 2. I don't think the place is for sale.

#18 VolkoSupply

VolkoSupply

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2,827 posts

Posted February 08 2016 - 07:18 PM

Umm.....once you have a partial roof collapse, the rest usually goes rather quickly.
  • ecr and baxtersmith like this

#19 MossbergMan

MossbergMan

shall NOT be infringed

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2,426 posts
  • LocationRikers Island

Posted February 08 2016 - 07:24 PM

Ok i'll complain about this place for the 10th time...

Ventilation stinks. They allow gun rentals to city idiots under no supervision. Poor customer service. Expensive ammo and limited caliber use.

..but they are super convenient for me and therefore I still go there 2x a year.

Great spot for LIF range just sayin

Edited by MossbergMan, February 08 2016 - 07:26 PM.

• Banzai likes this

#20 50bmgshooter

50bmgshooter

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationBaldwin

Posted February 08 2016 - 07:24 PM

Umm.....once you have a partial roof collapse, the rest usually goes rather quickly.

like you know anything about roofing :tease

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: would, like, to, give, the, lisc, another, try, but

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users