Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Lost a key

Tags
key lost
6K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  Captain Will 
#1 ·
So I have a 10 gun security cabinet from stack-on. I have lost the keys. Is there anything I can do outside of getting a crowbar and destroying the whole cabinet? Not having access to my guns right now is kinda driving me nuts.

#2 ·
Don't they have a code number on the back, so you can call them & get new keys? I thought I remembered seeing that once...I could be wrong though.

#11 ·
What an idiot ... Poor guns being bounced around ...

What's your location Iron.. ?

#9 ·
I have one of those. Based on how mine is built I would recommend getting a butter knife and gently pushing it through the metal then open from the inside. You can open it with a basic lock pick. I had to do it to mine when I left my key in my wife's car and she was out.

#21 ·
That easykey.com website didn't list stack-on as a brand under their locks. Fail. I called stack-on customer service, they will send me a replacement key, after I fill out a form and send them a notarized copy along with photo identification. If I wasn't going through a divorce and having all my money taken from me, I'd just crowbar the thing and buy a new one. I might do that anyway

#26 ·
I deleted that number from my post, although I'm sure these cheap less than $100 safes probably use the same key for all the models. The woman from customer service said they have tons of keys pre-made, so that just further solidifies my theory. If a mod could delete it anyway it might be appreciated, although I assume my random screen name here doesn't give out too much info about where I actually live...

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
C'mon man. You're concerned that the key # to your Stack On Cabinet is out there. It would take less time to pry it with a crow bar or put a fire axe through the side. We're talking about a stack on here!!! A stack-on...cabinet!!!
(well, it's ok for keeping something from the kiddies.) And btw this is why the left side and the pin side should be flush against a wall (preferably concrete) and bolted down. Ideally in a corner with another mass obstruction on the other side as well.

Most people (other than Pate) don't realize how easy it is to bust open most RSCs.

#33 ·
Sorry out of my area of service ....

Come on Adam YOU don't have a lock pick set ...lol

#41 ·
Am I the only one who was surprised at how long it took the fairly muscled dude to use a substantial crow bar to open that tin can?

My intuition is that the average smack junkie isn't carrying a breaker bar or can opener, and doesn't want to spend 4+ minutes banging the gong in a gun owners' suburban house. A pro burglar is another matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.