Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

What off road lights are you using?

what off road lights are you using

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1,805 posts

Posted March 27 2016 - 06:39 PM

I use AuxBeam on my truck, because Rigid is EXPENSIVE. I sell Rigid/AuxBeam/Baja Designs but even at my cost, it's expensive. AuxBeam work great I've found. No issues leaking, some of the same features as on Rigid. I'm looking to add more though. I want to add some Baja Designs lights on the hood but can't find a mount for my 2015 F-150. I also use my own branded (I work directly with the manufacturer) LED Headlights and LED Fog Light bulbs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • NorthForkSportsman, malakaguy and Diesel1 like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 Diesel1

Diesel1

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted March 27 2016 - 08:36 PM

I use AuxBeam on my truck, because Rigid is EXPENSIVE. I sell Rigid/AuxBeam/Baja Designs but even at my cost, it's expensive. AuxBeam work great I've found. No issues leaking, some of the same features as on Rigid. I'm looking to add more though. I want to add some Baja Designs lights on the hood but can't find a mount for my 2015 F-150. I also use my own branded (I work directly with the manufacturer) LED Headlights and LED Fog Light bulbs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Forum group buy?

#23 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1,805 posts

Posted March 27 2016 - 10:40 PM

If you guys want to put one together I'm down for it. I can't advertise one however as I'm not a forum vendor, but yeah I'll extend a discount. Just let me know what products you are looking for and I'll let you know the #'s I can do.
  • malakaguy likes this

#24 malakaguy

malakaguy

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 8,117 posts

Posted March 27 2016 - 10:48 PM

Awesome I'm down for a light bar, roof mount
  • 1895guy likes this

#25 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1,805 posts

Posted March 27 2016 - 11:08 PM

Brand? AuxBeam is the cheaper line, but gets great reviews. Rigid are the best, but they are expensive. I have the 54" AuxBeam. I could offer you guys a few sizes and if we can do local pickup I'd be able to save you even more rather then drop shipping each bar. Figure out what sizes you guys want and let me know and I'll see what #'s I can work out. Maybe one of you can head up this "group buy" and just let me know what you guys want and i'll pass the discount #'s on to you.

#26 100MPG

100MPG

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Donated Member

• 4,780 posts
  • LocationLong Giland

Posted March 28 2016 - 03:46 AM

Forum group buy?

Awesome I'm down for a light bar, roof mount

I don't need a light bar but how about headlight LED bulbs? That might be easier as there would be less models to come up with a group buy. I would be interested in 9006 and 9005 headlight bulbs for my S-10 and H7's for my Honda GoldWing.

Edited by 100MPG, March 28 2016 - 03:58 AM.

#27 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted March 28 2016 - 07:17 AM

I have a question regarding LED headlamp bulbs. My truck ('06 Trailblazer) runs the headlamps at 50% fit DRL's which has prevented me from installing HID's thus far; is that an issue with LEDs as well?

#28 axeman628

axeman628

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 4,005 posts
  • LocationHow did I get here?

Posted March 28 2016 - 07:40 AM

Seems like you get what you pay for when it comes to LED's, so read reviews. I bought some off-brand (nilight?? on amazon IIRC). They worked great initially, super bright but condensation got into the lights and trashed the reflectors. Once it gets fogged up inside it's too late. So now I'm looking for replacements. Will probably go with LED again.

One thing I didn't see mentioned is that the LED's pick up eyeshine really well. Lot's of deer on my ride home and I credit my lights for giving me an early warning on a few occasions.

#29 1895guy

1895guy

shots fired

• Donated Member

• 2,350 posts
  • Locationport jeff

Posted March 28 2016 - 07:40 AM

I have a question regarding LED headlamp bulbs. My truck ('06 Trailblazer) runs the headlamps at 50% fit DRL's which has prevented me from installing HID's thus far; is that an issue with LEDs as well?

I had HIDs on my Trailblazer with no issues. Just need a relay harness.

#30 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted March 28 2016 - 09:52 AM

I had HIDs on my Trailblazer with no issues. Just need a relay harness.

I know it can be done, but I don't want to give up the DRL's

#31 1895guy

1895guy

shots fired

• Donated Member

• 2,350 posts
  • Locationport jeff

Posted March 28 2016 - 10:00 AM

I know it can be done, but I don't want to give up the DRL's

relay harness will just give them full juice. Should still work as DRLs just wont cause any issues with the ballasts due to being under powered.

#32 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted March 28 2016 - 10:24 AM

relay harness will just give them full juice. Should still work as DRLs just wont cause any issues with the ballasts due to being under powered.

I forgot there are two mods; the original one killed the DRL's... I'll check it out.

#33 OH UNCLE PAUL

OH UNCLE PAUL

Banned

• Banned
  • 17,343 posts

Posted March 28 2016 - 07:17 PM

OST

#34 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted March 28 2016 - 07:36 PM

Another question about the bulbs (I think mine calls for 9005); how is the heat output? My concern would be melting the housing? Do they run hotter out cooler than HID's?

#35 100MPG

100MPG

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Donated Member

• 4,780 posts
  • LocationLong Giland

Posted March 28 2016 - 08:20 PM

I thought this was for Auxbeam headlights.
https://www.auxbeam....-bulbs/85319401

#36 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1,805 posts

Posted March 28 2016 - 10:44 PM

No, I don't sell AuxBeam headlights. I sell all of their products but don't list their headlights. I sell my own headlights that I work with a manufacturer overseas to obtain. Best on the market that I've seen honestly.

Heat output is fine. LED's run cooler then halogen, even with the heat they do generate, it's still cooler. No issues melting housings and I run them in my fog lamp housings.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: what, off, road, lights, are, you, using

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users