Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Upland Bird Hunting Club Looking to expand

upland bird hunting club looking to expand

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Moosehead

Moosehead

Advanced Member

• Donated Member
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNorth Shore Long Island

Posted January 27 2016 - 09:34 PM

We have a club in Manorville and are looking for additional east end properties that we can lease for pheasant and chukar hunting. This would be a lease situation leasing from September 15 to March 31st. We have a proven track record of timely rent payments and safety, with a very limited membership. If you have or know of someone who might lease us land east of the William Floyd Parkway, please pM me.
Thanks
Ray

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 grifhunter

grifhunter

Im Back I love LIF

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,613 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted January 27 2016 - 09:45 PM

You're gonna need 100+ continuous acres to operate it as a preserve, last time I heard from the DEC.

Good luck.

Edited by grifhunter, January 27 2016 - 09:46 PM.

#3 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 7,348 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 27 2016 - 10:12 PM

Pheasant Run operated out of Eastport and I believe East Quogue. I don't know if Long Island has a minimum of 100 acre rule, upstate a guy runs a small preserve under 100 acres in White Sulphur Springs.
I did hunt Pheasant Run, it was along 27 and CR 11, it was under 50 acres we hunted.

#4 grifhunter

grifhunter

Im Back I love LIF

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,613 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted January 27 2016 - 10:18 PM

Pheasant Run operated out of Eastport and I believe East Quogue. I don't know if Long Island has a minimum of 100 acre rule, upstate a guy runs a small preserve under 100 acres in White Sulphur Springs.
I did hunt Pheasant Run, it was along 27 and CR 11, it was under 50 acres we hunted.

Two types of preserves: members only and commercial. 100 acres for commercial.

http://www.dec.ny.go...mits/25025.html
  • C6NY likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: upland, bird, hunting, club, looking, to, expand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users