Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Bill O'Reilly endorses Universal Registration

bill oreilly endorses universal registration

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 C6NY

C6NY

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7,904 posts

Posted January 08 2016 - 09:23 PM

I'm proud to say, I've despised that blow hard for decades and counting and counting.
  • TheMongoose, Huntington Guy and Objectivist like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 SOUTHSHOREROB

SOUTHSHOREROB

Playing the corners

• Banned
  • 3,902 posts
  • LocationSOUTH FARMINGDALE NY

Posted January 08 2016 - 09:27 PM

It is hard to deal with life has become , but if we don't have founding principals ... What do we have ? (Ain't progress great) ?

Edited by SOUTHSHOREROB, January 08 2016 - 09:27 PM.

#23 TheMongoose

TheMongoose

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 2,290 posts

Posted January 08 2016 - 09:44 PM

I'm proud to say, I've despised that blow hard for decades and counting and counting.

I second this

#24 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 5,027 posts
  • LocationKings Park

Posted January 08 2016 - 09:57 PM

I want background checks, psychiatric exams, and federal registration for all TV personalities.

Edited by iGreg, January 08 2016 - 09:57 PM.

• Tonto, Aquabach, Barnslayer and 1 other like this

#25 Ellar

Ellar

Sipping tea and saying it's none of my business.

• Donated Member
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationLevittown

Posted January 08 2016 - 10:08 PM

This is the guy from Hard Copy, people! His big enlightened moment was when he figured out numerous hogs could shoulder in at the Rush Limbaugh angry stuck up white guy trough!

#26 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted January 08 2016 - 10:26 PM

Did he give any details just how to force registration of all the guns out there already??

#27 FastFaller

FastFaller

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,801 posts
  • LocationFree America - NH

Posted January 08 2016 - 10:37 PM

Wait, OP, are you telling me you still watch that hack O'Rielly?
He is no republican and he definitely isn't a conservative.... He is a RINO quisling with a soap box.

#28 CTM

CTM

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColchester,NY & Suffolk, NY

Posted January 08 2016 - 10:40 PM

He's a total asshat when it comes to 2A.
He does 0 research.
He's an arrogant wordsmith constantly bragging about his command of the english language and bragging about his background in history yet he uses ignorant terms while discussing guns and he doesn't understand 2A at all.

I sent him this email tonight:

Mr, O"Reilly,
Did they not teach the Bill of Rights at Harvard?

Or were you out painting houses the day they explained the difference between a RIGHT, and a privilege?

It isn't the Bill of Privileges. It is the Bill of Rights.

It is a RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

It is a PRIVILEGE to drive a car.

Words have meanings.

I hope this helped you understand.

Excellent email to him. He has failed some many times to have the most basic research done when speaking on the gun issue. Also having Jerry and Eric speaking on this topic does no one a service as they are both so ignorant.

#29 Toothy

Toothy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,050 posts

Posted January 08 2016 - 10:44 PM

Wait, OP, are you telling me you still watch that hack O'Rielly?
He is no republican and he definitely isn't a conservative.... He is a RINO quisling with a soap box.

I'm aware of his show and his views.. yes… And have been for many years.

I watch many shows. some I disagree with 80%, some 50%, some 30% .. It's funny , I think O"wryly is a 50%agree with but the other 50%instantly negated any good points he puts forth. I'm not subscribing to his premium subscription if that's what you are implying.

#30 Objectivist

Objectivist

Borders, Language, Culture

• Established Member
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted January 08 2016 - 10:57 PM

I'm not sure the DL analogy is that bad. Do you even need any form of identification for a DL? Probably not in CA & you get reciprocity in all 50 states.

#31 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted January 08 2016 - 10:59 PM

I'm not sure the DL analogy is that bad. Do you even need any form of identification for a DL? Probably not in CA & you get reciprocity in all 50 states.

A driver's license impacts interstate commerce.

Would be very impractical to require people to be licensed in a particular state inorder to drive in it.

OTOH, having been licensed and always driven in say Kansas or Nebraska really doesn't prepare you for driving in Manhattan or on the LIE. ;)

#32 Ellar

Ellar

Sipping tea and saying it's none of my business.

• Donated Member
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationLevittown

Posted January 08 2016 - 11:02 PM

Hell, licensed in JERSEY obviously doesn't prepare you for Manhattan or the LIE!

#33 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted January 08 2016 - 11:07 PM

So we can't find 12 million illegals to deport them.

But they can find 350 million guns to register and/or confiscate??
  • Tonto and Barnslayer like this

#34 Paté

Paté

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 38,956 posts

Posted January 08 2016 - 11:46 PM

Automatic message - This topic has been moved from Chit-Chat to US Government Laws & News (2A ONLY)

#35 PeepSight

PeepSight

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 15,416 posts

Posted January 09 2016 - 12:06 AM

There are days that he is a few rounds short of a full mag.
  • Ellar likes this

#36 Huntington Guy

Huntington Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 9,503 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted January 09 2016 - 12:51 AM

He has always been a blowhard but I think he has been breathing more and more of Geraldo's air the past few years.
I can't think of anyone who would miss him if he spontaneously combusted tomorrow morning.
  • Barnslayer and frank57 like this

#37 Dan 0351

Dan 0351

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 7,808 posts

Posted January 09 2016 - 02:35 AM

He's a total asshat when it comes to 2A.
He does 0 research.
He's an arrogant wordsmith constantly bragging about his command of the english language and bragging about his background in history yet he uses ignorant terms while discussing guns and he doesn't understand 2A at all.

I sent him this email tonight:

Mr, O"Reilly,
Did they not teach the Bill of Rights at Harvard?
Or were you out painting houses the day they explained the difference between a RIGHT, and a privilege?
It isn't the Bill of Privileges. It is the Bill of Rights.

It is a RIGHT to keep and bear arms.
It is a PRIVILEGE to drive a car.

Words have meanings.
I hope this helped you understand.

While I like and agree with your email, I don't know if the essence of comparing registration and the 2A will work.

O'Reilly can easily say to America that he's FOR people being able to have guns to protect themselves, but also for registration at the same time. Many, maybe most people won't understand the problem with that. Most people can never visualize an American government confiscating guns.

(All: please don't reply to this post with reasons his thinking is flawed - we already know; just pointing out that many people don't think like us)

#38 Mycher

Mycher

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationBehind enemy lines in Newyorkistan

Posted January 09 2016 - 06:12 AM

I stopped caring what that big fat idiot thought a long time ago, he is a colossal arrogant douche.
  • Flagg888 likes this

#39 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21,169 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted January 09 2016 - 08:30 AM

While I like and agree with your email, I don't know if the essence of comparing registration and the 2A will work.

O'Reilly can easily say to America that he's FOR people being able to have guns to protect themselves, but also for registration at the same time. Many, maybe most people won't understand the problem with that. Most people can never visualize an American government confiscating guns.

(All: please don't reply to this post with reasons his thinking is flawed - we already know; just pointing out that many people don't think like us)

It may or may not get through to him or other douches but it's a valid point and a good argument.
It could help honest people understand 2A a little better perhaps.
The constant comparison of driving privileges to justify registration is more than flawed thinking.
It's disingenuous and one of the antis favorite points
It should be pointed out every time some idiot uses it as their argument that they are completely different matters and a more honest comparison would be that people would have to register with the government before they would be allowed to attend a particular church.

Edited by Aquabach, January 09 2016 - 08:31 AM.

#40 MikeM

MikeM

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 1,601 posts
  • LocationEast Northport

Posted January 09 2016 - 08:50 AM

I stopped caring what that big fat idiot thought a long time ago, he is a colossal arrogant douche.

Don't hold back, let it al out, it's better for your blood pressure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bill, oreilly, endorses, universal, registration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users