Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

2016 NYS 4x4 MAIL IN PERMIT LIF EXCLUSIVE

2016 nys 4x4 mail in permit lif exclusive

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LIF

LIF

Official LIF Poster

• Administrators
  • 4,188 posts

Posted January 08 2016 - 08:13 AM

Below is the application for the 4x4 permit. Dates Of Sale: January 2, to April 30th 2016

Fill it out, attach a copy of your registration and drivers license include a check made out to Long Island State Parks and mail it away. Be sure to state you do not need a copy of the receipt.

Turnaround is 1 week.

Make sure you sign the application!

This form is not available online anywhere else! Download it RIGHT here.

Here're the deal..

You can all submit your 4x4 permit through the MAIL without going down there. All they need is:

Check for $65.00 made out to: O.P.R. & H.P.-L.I.REGION

COPY of your registration.
COPY of your drivers license

Mail check and COPY OF YOUR VEHICLE REGISTRATION and DRIVERS LICENSE (both must match) to:

NY State Parks
PO BOX 247 Babylon NY 11702

ATTN: Permit Office

PUT ON THE CHECK : FOR NYS 4X4 PERMIT 2016

CALL 631-321-3515 FOR QUESTIONS

----Remember to include your registration. Also, whomever is registered is the name/signature you need to put on the form.

Attached Files

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 DBV61998

DBV61998

Gun Guru

• 803 posts

Posted January 08 2016 - 08:36 AM

Thanks, I've been meaning to do this.

Before I call the office and get some government zombie on the phone maybe someone here can help me...

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer. To the best of my knowledge this vehicle qualifies for the permit. The vehicle itself is not registered to me, It's a company vehicle that is registered and insured by the company I work for. The instructions are specific regarding the registration and drivers license matching. Does anyone know if they will issue me the permit in this situation?

Many years ago I got a night fishing permit (NOT a 4X4 Permit) for a different company vehicle. I have no recollection what they asked me for before issuing the permit.

#3 peteinsuffolk

peteinsuffolk

• Administrators
  • 7,342 posts

Posted January 12 2016 - 02:01 PM

anyone get theirs yet?

#4 roadraje

roadraje

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 1,728 posts
  • Locationoff the grid.

Posted January 12 2016 - 03:02 PM

done.

#5 Blockheads88

Blockheads88

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 06 2016 - 03:14 PM

Never had any issue with mailing in before. Not sure why but this year was sent back and told to redo. Not sure what was missing but on for a second try.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016, nys, 4x4, mail, in, permit, lif, exclusive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users