Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

+1 For Jerry's Firearms in Ronkonkoma/Bohemia

for jerrys firearms in ronkonkomabohemia

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Angelosantorro

Angelosantorro

Marksman

• Donated Member
  • 88 posts

Posted December 26 2015 - 04:36 PM

This was my first long gun purchase/transfer of my young 30 year old life. I purchased a 300 blackout AR from a fellow LIF member from these very classifieds. The man's name was Ken and he was an absolute gentleman, I will be putting my first rounds downrange tomorrow out eastern Long Island and will follow-up with feedback on the gun.

We did the FFL transfer out of Jerry's Firearms. Jerry saw me in the parking lot 15 minutes early and opened up the door For me introducing himself. The day after Christmas, and Jerry was still very friendly, helpful and going through the whole process. I have a perfect record, been a good boy my whole life, I've never even gotten a traffic citation , and I have an uncommon name, so the NICS check went through in less than one minute via IP protocol on Jerry's computer. It was a 15 minute time frame from walking in the store, to walking out with my firearm. And it only cost $10 in, and $10 out. A total cost of $20 for the transfer. I felt so bad walking out of the store only paying $20 so I picked up a few more items from him after the sale.

Thank you so much Jerry! I will definitely be back.
A+++ Store and Gentleman Owner

Edited by Angelosantorro, December 26 2015 - 04:38 PM.

• killian, Bcwood64, coqui and 4 others like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Bcwood64

Bcwood64

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 842 posts
  • LocationPort Jeff Station

Posted December 26 2015 - 04:48 PM

Ken is a great guy. Bought some rifles from him in the past. Sells quality stuff.
  • vmtcmt and Angelosantorro like this

#3 pjorlando

pjorlando

Marksman

• Donated Member
  • 56 posts
  • LocationBohemia, New York

Posted December 26 2015 - 05:43 PM

I use Jerry's for my transfers. I picked up my Original Henry that he had on consignment. I have had a few transfers through him, all have gone without a hitch. Thanks Jerry.
  • Angelosantorro likes this

#4 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 19,205 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted December 26 2015 - 05:46 PM

Glad it went well for you.

#5 Angelosantorro

Angelosantorro

Marksman

• Donated Member
  • 88 posts

Posted December 26 2015 - 06:24 PM

Thanks Gentleman. I can definitely confirm that both Ken, the private seller, and Jerry the FFL shop owner are both gentlemen and Class acts. Ken, recognized that I was more along the lines of a rookie with the AR not bolt action platform, and he answered every single one of my questions spent a good 20 minutes with me in the parking lot just chatting about ammo and the weapon functionality.

Quick question. Is an FFL NICS check needed every time ammo is purchased as well?
  • killian and pitbull428 like this

#6 Blade21

Blade21

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 1,757 posts

Posted December 26 2015 - 06:40 PM

No nics check w ammo

#7 Angelosantorro

Angelosantorro

Marksman

• Donated Member
  • 88 posts

Posted December 26 2015 - 06:44 PM

Thanks blade!
  • Blade21 likes this

#8 cas372

cas372

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSmithtown

Posted December 26 2015 - 07:01 PM

Jerry has been very helpful every time I used him (prob 3-4 pistol transfers including a private sale), can't beat his prices either. Only downfall are his short hours of operation, but they can always be worked around for good service. Good luck with the new rifle!!

#9 killian

killian

Retired

• Donated Member
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationEastern Suffolk

Posted December 26 2015 - 07:06 PM

Jerry is a great guy and congrats on the new purchase.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for, jerrys, firearms, in, ronkonkomabohemia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users