Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Handgun transfers

handgun transfers

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Spritleman!

Spritleman!

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPlainview, NY

Posted February 04 2016 - 03:59 PM

Who in Nassau has the lowest transfer rates for pistol these days?

Thanks!

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 firemanvin

firemanvin

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 508 posts

Posted February 04 2016 - 04:15 PM

The incoming from a non licensee requires more entry into the federal book. I guess not too different on paper but on e-book its a full contact creation with all their information verses at worst just typing in an FFL number. We then have to do receipts for them to take it off their license and then the state book is more info that if it wer an FFL. We have an intake form we use for an individual which gets all of their info including employer and job. As compared to an existing FFL in our system, receiving from an individual takes 10x as long.

In New York when and how can a non licensee bring a pistol into an FFL for transfer? Is this a generally available thing, or limited to certain circumstances?

#43 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,379 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted February 04 2016 - 05:39 PM

I think he's referring to a non-licensee shipping them a pistol from out of state (vs from an FFL). There are, however circumstances where a non-licensee can bring in a pistol (I think); and example of that would be if a licensee passes away, their benefactor can bring it into an FFL (or PD) within 15 days to transfer/dispose of the pistol. DSI will correct me if I'm wrong.
  • VolkoSupply and like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: handgun, transfers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users