Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Proposed law to stop terror suspects from buying guns in U.S. faces NRA, GOP opposition

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 Gort

Gort

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1,692 posts

Posted November 18 2015 - 05:48 PM

This is very dangerous legislation. They could brand anyone they want a potential terrorist and deny them firearms. Patriots, veterans, conservatives, the "tea party".

And there you go.

Want to opt out of the 2A? Call it an assault weapon.
Want to opt out of the 1A? Call it hate speech.
Want to opt out of the 4A or 5A? Call them a terrorist.
  • Captain Will likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#82 FatWhiteMan

FatWhiteMan

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5,083 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted November 18 2015 - 09:39 PM

So all I got out of the article is that the FBI approved 94% of the legal gun sales to suspected terrorists.

Edited by FatWhiteMan, November 18 2015 - 09:39 PM.

• mattyj513 and MikeM like this

#83 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 10,331 posts

Posted November 18 2015 - 10:08 PM

Parashooter, on November 18 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:[/size]]
Uhh... He's Anti-gun.

Not in the conversations I've had with him.

Well in his public statements, and some proposals I've seen from him.... As someone who has served our country, I hope you're right - I'll have to look for some of the irksome things I've seen from him.

#84 Sheeple

Sheeple

Banned

• Banned
  • 10,933 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted November 18 2015 - 10:51 PM

Peter King needs to GTFO.
  • Captain Will likes this

#85 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21,169 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted November 18 2015 - 11:06 PM

Wanna get his attention: "Dear Pete, please anticipate a pro-gun Republican candidate for your seat to run a primary against you next election Yours, etc.". And then do it.

You think the NY RINO party would even allow a Conservative to go against Pete the RINO King?
They'd crush him or her like a bug.
Name one NY State Senator that would support that for example.
Maybe Mangina of Nassau would support him?
The guy that openly supported Cuomo.

#86 grifhunter

grifhunter

Im Back I love LIF

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,597 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted November 19 2015 - 12:03 AM

You think the NY RINO party would even allow a Conservative to go against Pete the RINO King?
They'd crush him or her like a bug.
Name one NY State Senator that would support that for example.
Maybe Mangina of Nassau would support him?

The party machines can't control who runs in a primary against their pets. Get enough signatures on a petition and you can run, no matter what the mobster party bosses say.
Can you win? Its a long shot, but primaries are poorly attended by the voters and a unified block of votes from pro-gun circles/organizations could shock someone if turnout is low. Its the process of forcing the GOP bosses and the RINO to spend time and energy fending off the pro gun aspirant, where otherwise they just cruise to the general election. They can either accept our support (and vote accordingly) or spend resources beating us back. Plus, the debate on News 12 would be a hoot.
IMHO it would take just one challenge to wake them the eff up to who helped get them there in the first place.
  • FatWhiteMan and Aquabach like this

#87 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 4,891 posts
  • LocationKings Park

Posted November 19 2015 - 12:09 AM

Hey, my Commie Democrat friends at the Daily Snooze, why are your Commie Democrat friends in Washington DC and Albany allowing terrorist suspects into the USA?

#88 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21,169 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted November 19 2015 - 12:14 AM

The party machines can't control who runs in a primary against their pets. Get enough signatures on a petition and you can run, no matter what the mobster party bosses say.
Can you win? Its a long shot, but primaries are poorly attended by the voters and a unified block of votes from pro-gun circles/organizations could shock someone if turnout is low. Its the process of forcing the GOP bosses and the RINO to spend time and energy fending off the pro gun aspirant, where otherwise they just cruise to the general election. They can either accept our support (and vote accordingly) or spend resources beating us back. Plus, the debate on News 12 would be a hoot.
IMHO it would take just one challenge to wake them the eff up to who helped get them there in the first place.

Okay.
Just like pur fight against RINO gun control advocate Dan Losquadro.
They fought hard for him. They'll fight harder for RINO King.
You're rigth. we need to keep the pressure on them.

#89 Banzai

Banzai

Gun Guru

• 2,110 posts

Posted November 19 2015 - 02:35 AM

I will admit this;
No one needs a grenade to hunt a deeeahhh

Actually, a grenade is a great way to save on ammo if you're looking to take out a herd of deer. All at once.

#90 Banzai

Banzai

Gun Guru

• 2,110 posts

Posted November 19 2015 - 02:38 AM

Okay, maybe this is selective perception, but when I read that I thought it said "The guy openly gay Cuomo supported."

#91 Captain Will

Captain Will

Banned

• Banned
  • 19,574 posts

Posted November 19 2015 - 04:13 AM

Who makes up the majority on the no- fly list? Is it muzzie terrorists or regular American people who mouthed off at a TSA agent?

Everybody from Cat Stevens, to the guy that took a dump on the 1st class service cart, to the other guy that slapped the woman's kid that wouldn't behave, plus your extremist skyjackers.

I say let EVERYBODY on the plane with whatever they want, call it in-flight entertainment. The bad guys are gonna find a way to get THEIR weapons on a plane anyway, what's a worse "gun free zone" than an aluminum tube going 600MPH at 40,000 feet? Separate entrance in the front of the plane for the flight crew and ballistic bulkhead prevents 9/11 scenarios unless the terrorists want to try a James Bond/ Mission Impossible EVA in-flight. If they can do THAT, let 'em fly it into the White House.
  • grifhunter likes this

#92 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16,015 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted November 23 2015 - 10:44 AM

Seems Donald Trump is on board with this.

http://www.thetrutha...ist-watch-list/

At least Ben Carson knows it's a lot easier to get on the No-Fly List than it is to get off it. They don't even need a reason.

Edited by BLAMMO, November 23 2015 - 10:45 AM.

#93 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21,169 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted November 23 2015 - 11:09 AM

Actually, a grenade is a great way to save on ammo if you're looking to take out a herd of deer. All at once.

You have to have several party permits I would think.
Also, you must prefer chop meat.
  • Banzai likes this

#94 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,331 posts

Posted September 02 2016 - 07:07 PM

(snip)

Uhh... He's Anti-gun.

(snip)

Posted ImageHuntington Guy, on November 18 2015 - 06:20 PM, said:

Not in the conversations I've had with him.

Well in his public statements, and some proposals I've seen from him.... As someone who has served our country, I hope you're right - I'll have to look for some of the irksome things I've seen from him.

Ummm..... I TOLD YOU SO!

http://www.longislan...iew__getnewpost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users