Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Proposed law to stop terror suspects from buying guns in U.S. faces NRA, GOP opposition

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#41 trapshooterbob

trapshooterbob

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 4,370 posts
  • LocationBohemia, NY

Posted November 18 2015 - 10:40 AM

Talk about a lack of logic, how about the Dem's not supporting Kate's law? Minimum Federal 5 years for deported VIOLENT FELON illegals who return to the US and are arrested AGAIN!

They don't want to deplete their voting base.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16,015 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted November 18 2015 - 10:48 AM

A legal loophole allows suspected terrorists on the government’s “No Fly List” to legally buy guns, but a bill to fix that will likely wither on the vine. ...

Once they close that "loophole", everybody with a Social Security number, a driver's license or a library card will be added to the "No-Fly List".
  • Walker1847 likes this

#43 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted November 18 2015 - 10:49 AM

Once they close that "loophole", everybody with a Social Security number, a driver's license or a library card will be added to the "No-Fly List".

Why does anybody "need" to fly anyway?

All that fuel and carbon emissions.

• Aquabach likes this

#44 Objectivist

Objectivist

Borders, Language, Culture

• Established Member
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted November 18 2015 - 11:15 AM

Is this a real site? I mean there is a site...but from a couple of minutes of research it doesn't seem to be legit. It ain't a US gov site. So who's is it?

http://www.no-fly-list.com

I'm not on it ...... Yet.

This can't possibly be accurate:

mohammed.jpg

#45 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted November 18 2015 - 11:20 AM

More like Patty O'Furniture

Let me introduce myself. I'm Pat McGroin and this is my cousin Phil McCrackin.
  • Huntington Guy likes this

#46 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted November 18 2015 - 11:27 AM

I did find someone's name on the list. If accurate the info listed is still very cryptic.

#47 warmnfuzzyar

warmnfuzzyar

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 8,632 posts

Posted November 18 2015 - 11:29 AM

front page puke today , with more puke inside . stock up boys

Attached Thumbnails

• 034.JPG

#48 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted November 18 2015 - 11:32 AM

As I've long said: label the NRA and members as "terrorists". Fear your neighbor.

• Aquabach likes this

#49 Lemming

Lemming

Gun guru (poseur)

• Established Member
  • 6,177 posts

Posted November 18 2015 - 11:55 AM

Some good info on Twitchy.
http://twitchy.com/2...sts-in-the-u-s/

The NRA’s objection to the bill is a little more complicated than the NYDN would have you believe. At issue is how an individual ends up on the watchlist in the first place and how it could be abused in the future to restrict an American’s right to buy a gun.
From the NRA:

Objections to the Bills

• As the name suggests, the “watchlist” is not limited to people guilty of “terrorism”1 or who are suspected of other acts serious enough to warrant their arrest. It broadly includes people “known or reasonably suspected to be or have been engaged in conduct constituting, in preparation for, in aid of, or related to terrorism,”2 including those only “being preliminarily investigated to determine whether they have links to terrorism” and those “for whom the FBI does not have an open terrorism investigation.”3
  • A person accused of serious wrongdoing has the right to know what he has been accused of, to offer evidence in his defense, and to be judged by a jury. A constitutionally protected right cannot be taken away on the basis of a secretive or unsubstantiated accusation. A judge should be allowed to consider evidence which may support the innocence of the accused.
  • S. 34 and H.R. 1506 are aimed primarily at law-abiding American gun owners. Ninety-five percent of watchlisted persons are already prohibited from acquiring firearms in the U.S., because they are not U.S. citizens or legal resident aliens. (See below.)
  • NICS already checks the relevant portion of the watchlist, and denies firearms to watchlisted persons who are prohibited from possessing firearms. Tellingly, S. 34’s and H.R. 1506’s sponsors could not name a single gun crime committed by a watchlisted person who purchased a firearm after passing a NICS check. (See below.)
  • As D.C.’s and Chicago’s handgun bans have proven, prohibiting the possession of firearms doesn’t stop criminals from illegally acquiring them.
  • There would be an enormous potential for abuse, if the FBI were given arbitrary power over a constitutionally-protected right. This would be true even if the FBI had an unblemished record where civil rights are concerned.
What other Constitutionally protected rights should the government take away just because an American citizen is on the watchlist? Speech? Right to attorney? Right to remain silent? Maybe the NYDN will lets us know!

• Pat M and Vincent like this

#50 firemanvin

firemanvin

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • 423 posts

Posted November 18 2015 - 12:04 PM

The NRA opposes this stuff for a reason. The root cause of all the problems is WHY the NRA opposes it, not THAT the NRA opposes it.

As an example, if an NICS check does not complete within three days, the gun purchase must go through. On the surface you would think that this is stupid, BUT, in all actuality the NICS system could shut down ALL gun purchases if it simply stopped working - for whatever reason. This is a single point of control that can be used by someone powerful enough to make it happen. Can you imagine if Obama had the power to bring down a system that is the only avenue for legal gun sales?

The NRA was insightful enough to recognize this.

On the same note, I would imagine that being put on the no fly list lacks the due process of adjudication. Technically, under the extreme, but possible circumstances, anyone that is registered as a gun owner or CCW holder can be put on a no fly list simply because they are a known gun owner.

The NRA has no choice but to oppose this stuff, but of course on this forum I am “preaching to the choir”.

Edited by firemanvin, November 18 2015 - 12:05 PM.

• Aquabach, Barnslayer, trapshooterbob and 4 others like this

#51 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted November 18 2015 - 12:06 PM

^^^^^^+100

#52 snowblind

snowblind

Nimble Navigator

• Established Member
  • 890 posts

Posted November 18 2015 - 12:10 PM

Innocent until proven guilty. The no fly list is unconstitutional. The ACLU are on the same wavelength as I am about this.
  • Parashooter likes this

#53 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted November 18 2015 - 12:11 PM

But but but as a gun owner you might *SNAP* at any moment!

• Walker1847 likes this

#54 grifhunter

grifhunter

Im Back I love LIF

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,597 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted November 18 2015 - 12:12 PM

You do know that at various times the left has opined in print that Appleseed, Tea Party, Oathkeepers and various gun rights groups are bastions of right wing "domestic terrorists".

Your day on the list is coming...
  • Aquabach and Walker1847 like this

#55 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted November 18 2015 - 12:14 PM

You do know that at various times the left has opined in print that Appleseed, Tea Party, Oathkeepers and various gun rights groups are bastions of right wing "domestic terrorists".

Your day on the list is coming...

NRA
Range member
Hunting license
Cabelas rewards member

• Nordon, Barnslayer and Walker1847 like this

#56 mikeyravioli

mikeyravioli

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationIn the bathroom. I poop a lot

Posted November 18 2015 - 12:24 PM

NRA
Range member
Hunting license
Cabelas rewards member

Frequent LIF poster.
  • Barnslayer, Walker1847 and Objectivist like this

#57 Nordon

Nordon

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6,112 posts

Posted November 18 2015 - 12:27 PM

So, magically all those evil NRA members are now, out of the ******* blue, in the No Fly list, I would not put it past them "by any means necessary" to disarm us.

Edited by Nordon, November 18 2015 - 12:28 PM.

#58 firemanvin

firemanvin

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • 423 posts

Posted November 18 2015 - 12:32 PM

Sent this message to Peter King;

Subject: Your lack of support for the NRA and its membership

Being one of your constituents and a life member of the National Rifle Association, I am greatly disappointed in your anti NRA stance. The NRA opposes many gun control measures that are consistently spun by "the left" to sound as if the gun control measure is harmless and legitimate. I would have though that you are intelligent enough to recognize "spin" and strand up for what is truly sensible. You referred to the NRA as the provider of a "knee jerk" reaction to the “Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act". The following URL provides the NRA's position, which is the polar opposite of "knee jerk".

https://www.nraila.o...trol-supporters

I would hope to think that you realize that gun control is 100% agenda driven, and 0% sensible. If you really want to find answers to gun violence, you need to look to the NRA for wisdom, not ostracize it because it's fashionable to do so.
  • grifhunter, Objectivist and johnd55555 like this

#59 BillyBonds

BillyBonds

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 6,827 posts

Posted November 18 2015 - 12:48 PM

This is very dangerous legislation. They could brand anyone they want a potential terrorist and deny them firearms. Patriots, veterans, conservatives, the "tea party".

#60 grifhunter

grifhunter

Im Back I love LIF

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,597 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted November 18 2015 - 12:51 PM

Sent this message to Peter King;

Subject: Your lack of support for the NRA and its membership

Being one of your constituents and a life member of the National Rifle Association, I am greatly disappointed in your anti NRA stance. The NRA opposes many gun control measures that are consistently spun by "the left" to sound as if the gun control measure is harmless and legitimate. I would have though that you are intelligent enough to recognize "spin" and strand up for what is truly sensible. You referred to the NRA as the provider of a "knee jerk" reaction to the “Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act". The following URL provides the NRA's position, which is the polar opposite of "knee jerk".

https://www.nraila.o...trol-supporters

I would hope to think that you realize that gun control is 100% agenda driven, and 0% sensible. If you really want to find answers to gun violence, you need to look to the NRA for wisdom, not ostracize it because it's fashionable to do so.

Wanna get his attention: "Dear Pete, please anticipate a pro-gun Republican candidate for your seat to run a primary against you next election Yours, etc.". And then do it.
  • firemanvin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users