Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Proposed law to stop terror suspects from buying guns in U.S. faces NRA, GOP opposition

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#21 sigmann45

sigmann45

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • 489 posts

Posted November 17 2015 - 10:17 PM

:popcorn
  • trapshooterbob likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 spta97

spta97

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1,491 posts

Posted November 17 2015 - 10:18 PM

It took me 4 months of phone calls, emails and letters to get my name off that damn list back in 2004/2005. This was while I was flying every other week for work. At least 20 minutes of delays every time I checked in. And I know 2 other people that had similar situations. I think they just added everyone's name to it and waited for them to complain. That list is junk. Or they had me confused with some Irish muslim? I'm sure there are plenty of those.

This obsession with believing that the federal government is capable of keeping anyone safe is disturbing.

Says you Mohammad O'Brien ;)
  • Mad Russian, brirodg, Huntington Guy and 1 other like this

#23 Ellar

Ellar

Sipping tea and saying it's none of my business.

• Donated Member
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationLevittown

Posted November 17 2015 - 10:22 PM

I wonder what the Daily News writer's opinion is on this. If only he could peek around the firewall of journalistic professionalism and let his feelings out.
  • Mad Russian and Pat M like this

#24 Fastphil

Fastphil

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted November 17 2015 - 10:30 PM

You people forget that everyone on this forum is on the list !!

#25 Ellar

Ellar

Sipping tea and saying it's none of my business.

• Donated Member
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationLevittown

Posted November 17 2015 - 10:35 PM

This guy can't believe the people from Newtown cried and didn't get their way. He has a strange way of looking at the law-making process. Hey guy? They didn't stamp their feet. If they would've cried and stamped their feet, we all would've known it was coming from the heart and given up our rights with cheers and applause.

How old is this writer? I'll bet spellcheck is the only thing between him and, "Paper or plastic, miss?"

• Mad Russian and brirodg like this

#26 Huntington Guy

Huntington Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 9,503 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted November 17 2015 - 10:43 PM

For about 2 years every time I flew I was pulled from the main line and "selected" for additional screening. Pat downs, wanding, step into this secure area sir. My son, same name, was treated about the same.
Never found out why this happened. Being a fat, old Irishman you would imagine that would keep me clear of the scumbag list, I guess I got lucky.
Has not happened in 5+ years now but it makes ya wonder what they use as their selection criteria.

Edited by Huntington Guy, November 17 2015 - 10:43 PM.

#27 Pat M

Pat M

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,085 posts
  • LocationBay Shore

Posted November 17 2015 - 11:05 PM

RHINO King is a disgrace.
  • vmtcmt and Aquabach like this

#28 spider

spider

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 4,939 posts

Posted November 17 2015 - 11:08 PM

For about 2 years every time I flew I was pulled from the main line and "selected" for additional screening. Pat downs, wanding, step into this secure area sir. My son, same name, was treated about the same.
Never found out why this happened. Being a fat, old Irishman you would imagine that would keep me clear of the scumbag list, I guess I got lucky.
Has not happened in 5+ years now but it makes ya wonder what they use as their selection criteria.

You're Irish and you wonder? Is your name Sin Fein?
  • grifhunter, Huntington Guy and Objectivist like this

#29 Pat M

Pat M

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,085 posts
  • LocationBay Shore

Posted November 17 2015 - 11:09 PM

I thought Lupica was no longer employed at the Daily News.

#30 Huntington Guy

Huntington Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 9,503 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted November 17 2015 - 11:13 PM

You're Irish and you wonder? Is your name Sin Fein?

More like Patty O'Furniture
  • spider and lynyrd like this

#31 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted November 17 2015 - 11:14 PM

There are many stories of some 3-4-5 y/o kid on the "no fly" list because some min wag flunky mis-keyed a name.

And once on it's good for life.

#32 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted November 17 2015 - 11:15 PM

You people forget that everyone on this forum is on the list !!

FWIW the last time I flew (2-3 year ago, domestically) I had no problems.

And I've been out of the country to Canada many times since too w/o issue.

But I understand what you mean.

#33 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6,235 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted November 18 2015 - 08:01 AM

If they're not legal enough to buy a gun with all our current laws then they shouldn't be here to begin with.

As it's been these Liberal people MAKE THE PROBLEMS then they Blame someone else and American civilians seem to pay the price to fix it. People better wake up fast.........The Liberal loving agenda propaganda Daily News is just so desperate to push crap agenda's for a buck

#34 DaveJr.

DaveJr.

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 853 posts

Posted November 18 2015 - 08:55 AM

Very creative with the name of the bill

"Denying firearms and explosives to dangerous terrorist act"

#35 Gort

Gort

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1,692 posts

Posted November 18 2015 - 09:18 AM

People are placed on the watch list in secret based upon a mixture of factors, a lot of which include predictive behavior. So if you have the same name as a known terrorist or terror suspect, or did business with a know terrorist or terror suspect, you could be on the list.

Of course, if this law were to be passed, it would be an excellent way for a sleeper cell to check if they are being watched. Hassan would simply need to buy a bolt action rifle and have a NICS check run. If he passed, he knows he's under the radar and moving unobserved.
  • leftjammer and Objectivist like this

#36 killian

killian

Retired

• Donated Member
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationEastern Suffolk

Posted November 18 2015 - 09:19 AM

The daily news is just a liberal rag.

#37 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2,277 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted November 18 2015 - 09:26 AM

I always thought that paper was printed by people who graduated from Creedmore University, my suspicions have been confirmed.
  • Aquabach likes this

#38 barfly

barfly

In my Happy Place

• Donated Member
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationOn my settings page screwing with my location.

Posted November 18 2015 - 09:44 AM

"There are roughly 700,000 names on the FBI’s Terrorist Screening Database — commonly known as the Terrorist Watchlist.
It includes the names of both domestic and international suspects identified through intelligence and law enforcement investigation."

Who decides who goes on the list, what criteria is used and who oversees the process? The quote indicates both foreign and domestic suspects are on the list, what are the percentages?
Talk about a slippery slope.

"But just two years ago, the Senate ignored the tearful gun control appeals of Newtown, Conn., families whose kids were murdered inside the Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Their call for a federal ban on assault weapons collapsed in March 2013, only three months after the slaughter of 20 students and six staffers."

This is BS. Obama and Bloomberg cherry picked grieving parents and paraded them around before their lap dog media.

When the dust settled you know what the people of Newtown did? Did put armed security in their schools, just like the school where my kids go. It's only one cop but it's better than nothing.
  • vmtcmt and Objectivist like this

#39 sparks25

sparks25

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2,149 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted November 18 2015 - 10:06 AM

Maybe they think we are at war with the IRA because the same thing has happened to this old fat Irishman too about the same time. She took my luggage apart 3 times in the same day and when I finally left it locked in the new gate console as directed by the gate agent, she accused me of hiding something and would not let me through. Finally the captain came out to see what I was screaming about and let me go through against the "strenuous" objections of the lady TSA agent.
  • Huntington Guy likes this

#40 DarkStorm

DarkStorm

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2,330 posts

Posted November 18 2015 - 10:29 AM

Talk about a lack of logic, how about the Dem's not supporting Kate's law? Minimum Federal 5 years for deported VIOLENT FELON illegals who return to the US and are arrested AGAIN!
  • Aquabach, gopedxr7, trapshooterbob and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users