Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Recipes for Apple cider moonshine

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Tom Mac 
#1 ·
I tried some from a friend's friend that visited from down south and really liked it. So it got me to start looking at making some for myself. Found a simple recipe that went as followed.

1 gallon apple cider
1 gallon apple juice
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
750 ml everclear
Cinnamon sticks

Put juices and sugars in big pot and bring to boil. Then stir till all sugar is dissolved. Let cool then pour all the everclear in and stir till mixed. Pour in mason jars and put one cinnamon stick in each before sealing. Let sit for two weeks and enjoy.

So I did this and it came out good. The wife thinks I should have used half a cinnamon stick in each and it was to sweet for her. I brought a jar in to work today and I'm going to have a few people try it so I can get some feed back for my next batch. I also just ordered one of those alcohol percentage glass tubes so I can see what my alcohol percent will be for new batches I make.

Does anyone have any pointers or recipes they would like to share?

See less See more
#2 ·
One thing you can do is put your pre-everclear mash through a fermentation process.

That would knock down the sweetness and increase its alcohol content.

Reactions: lonewolf8o
#3 ·
Thanks, my boss said Jericos apple cider has alot of sugar since it's made with real apples so I should cut out some or all of the sugar part from the recipe. What's ur take on that or doing it the way u recommend?

#7 ·
Does anyone have any pointers or recipes they would like to share?
I don't cook mine or use cinnamon stick ( can get to strong as it sits )

3 cans frozen apple juice
3 cans water ( or 4-5 if you like it less potent ) ( Apple pie was really a "mixed" drink at about 40 proof )
1 1/2 - 2 cups Brown sugar ( your sweetness level see below )
1 liter of 190proof everclear
2 table spn cinnamon
1/4 t-spn spoon pumkin spice

Mix above and only 1 cup brn sugar, stir , taste as you go for sweetness ( and add up to another cup as wanted )
Pour into jars and that's it... shake before pour ( comes out at aprox 65 proof depending on additional water )

#9 ·
I have had corn liquor with apples and cinnamon stick put in the jar with a little juice added....Still taste like turpentine to me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.