Long Island Shooters Forum banner

VERIZON subscribers Please read!

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  C6NY 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
We have been trying to have them remove us (LIF) from their spam service however to date nothing has been done.

If you are an Verizonmember, you will not receive email from our system (say someone PMs you etc) and new members aren't receiving their validation email.

If you are a subscriber to Verizon please let them know, We have been sending emails ourselves but with no luck for over a week.

Below is a sample of the reply when an email is sent to Verizonusers:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

XXX@verizon.net
SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host relay.verizon.net [206.46.232.11]: 571 Email from 74.208.90.23 is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block. 150727

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
We send a removal a week ago and it's still on.

As many of you request emails from our system, its best to contact them to have the block removed.

#6 ·
I sent a request in & just got this reply:

Thank you for contacting Verizon Online Security.

In order to resolve your issue, Verizon Online Security has attempted to contact the company or domain for which you were having problems receiving email.

Once Verizon Online Security has received contact from the 3rd party, we will work with them to resolve the issue in a timely manner. In order to assist us and to expedite the process, you may wish to contact the company or domain on your own behalf. Please direct the appropriate party to www.verizon.net/whitelist to submit their information for research and consideration.

Sincerely,

Verizon Online Security
http://www2.verizon.net/policies
abuse@verizon.net

Reactions: C6NY
#11 ·
I didnt get any emails

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Please call Verizon and have them unblock LIF IP (74.208.90.23). We are still being blocked.

You are helping your LIF community and it's members

xxx9@verizon.net
SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host relay.verizon.net [206.46.232.11]: 571 Email from 74.208.90.23 is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block. 150730

#14 ·
Steve, maybe it's time to have a lawyer contact them? (AND optimum...) Absolutely no reason these messages should be tagged as spam.

I have Less than optimum - but I don't use their email system.

Reactions: Tonto
#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Im sure an LIF member/attorney will swing by these threads and offer a hand.

"Well known Long Island Second Amendment website being singled out to ISPs for not accepting their email to its subscribers"

Reactions: Tonto
#16 ·
To me, it looks like the IP address of your outbound mail server is what is currently blacklisted by Verizon... not necessarily your domain name.
I'm guessing that your hosting company uses the same smtp server for multiple clients, and they're all affected by this.

Your hosting provider should be the one contacting Verizon to remove the block.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.