Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Amazing Floating Tree Tents Take Camping To A Whole New Level

amazing floating tree tents take camping to whole new level

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Lovemyglock

Lovemyglock

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 5,881 posts

Posted July 28 2015 - 08:12 AM

Very cool but definitely not for me. I'm terrified of heights. Those rock-climbing tents are insane. I wouldn't trust the hardware (think "Cliffhanger")
  • LongIsland Guy likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 Hannco

Hannco

Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilation = invasion

• Club LIF Member
  • 8,117 posts
  • LocationCentral Nassau

Posted July 28 2015 - 09:28 AM

Can't build a fire outside the thing, so it is designed for extremely fair weathered camping.

I disagree, build one under you! Think this:

Posted Image

#23 Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan

Unappreciated while still alive

• Established Member
  • 3,841 posts

Posted July 28 2015 - 10:13 AM

If the tent's a rocking, don't come knocking.

#24 Joe Shmoe

Joe Shmoe

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,130 posts
  • LocationIn my own little world.

Posted July 28 2015 - 10:33 AM

Very cool but definitely not for me. I'm terrified of heights. Those rock-climbing tents are insane. I wouldn't trust the hardware (think "Cliffhanger")

Just think how much taller you'd be if you weren't.

Love,
Pedro
  • Lovemyglock likes this

#25 DBV61998

DBV61998

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 803 posts

Posted July 28 2015 - 11:18 AM

I just had my company picnic in Cunningham park in Queens. They wouldn't let me put a piece of caution tape around a tree to rope off a cooking area in an attempt to keep children and our developmentally disabled clients away from hot grills. They valued the tree's safety over people. Imagine what they would think of something like this. I'm surprised there is no disclaimer on the manufacturers web site saying they are not legal for sale in CA, NY, MA, CT, etc. Very cool product though.
  • LongIsland Guy and Hannco like this

#26 Lovemyglock

Lovemyglock

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 5,881 posts

Posted July 28 2015 - 11:29 AM

Just think how much taller you'd be if you weren't.

Love,
Pedro

smart aleck :) My parents lived in a 9th floor condo years back and I wouldn't go out on the balcony. No way. I enjoyed the view from the doorway. I'm a weirdo, I know.

#27 Joe Shmoe

Joe Shmoe

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,130 posts
  • LocationIn my own little world.

Posted July 28 2015 - 11:42 AM

smart aleck :) My parents lived in a 9th floor condo years back and I wouldn't go out on the balcony. No way. I enjoyed the view from the doorway. I'm a weirdo, I know.

Oh, so you DO know.

:) :) :) :)

Edited by Joe Shmoe, July 28 2015 - 11:42 AM.

• Lovemyglock likes this

#28 Mossy930spx

Mossy930spx

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6,902 posts

Posted July 28 2015 - 11:47 AM

I just had my company picnic in Cunningham park in Queens. They wouldn't let me put a piece of caution tape around a tree to rope off a cooking area in an attempt to keep children and our developmentally disabled clients away from hot grills. They valued the tree's safety over people. Imagine what they would think of something like this. I'm surprised there is no disclaimer on the manufacturers web site saying they are not legal for sale in CA, NY, MA, CT, etc. Very cool product though.

Depends on the park. Using flat webbing does zero damage to the trees as it disburses the weight evenly over a larger area. Using rope or string can do some damage to trees depending on the species. Looks like the product uses webbing. There's no restrictions on hanging in NY along the Appalachian Trail. I've hung my hammock in all of NY, CT and half of Mass along the trail. And most of Harriman State Park (multiple trips on the same trail too.... love West Mountain Shelter view and the views from Black Mountain)

#29 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 19,180 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted July 28 2015 - 01:44 PM

If I was ever inclined to sleep outside in the woods I would consider it.

#30 Tonto

Tonto

Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?

• Club LIF Member
  • 11,586 posts
  • LocationBeen there, done that

Posted July 28 2015 - 01:52 PM

So what are the specs on these things? How much weight can they hold?

#31 Huntington Guy

Huntington Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 9,503 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted July 28 2015 - 01:53 PM

First time a NY'er eff's up his sheep shank and drops 12' in the middle of the night they will own that company. I know there is inherent risk in most things but the liability and the Eco nazi's demanding no one hang from mother earths glorious Hickory or Elms will kill this venture quickly (sadly).
My bladder would never sign off on it either, too many overnight trips to the can for this old man.

Edited by Huntington Guy, July 28 2015 - 01:54 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amazing, floating, tree, tents, take, camping, to, whole, new, level

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users