Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

2015 NYS Fishing License

2015 nys fishing license

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 The Architect

The Architect

The Sysop

• Administrators
  • 36,800 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted April 25 2015 - 08:48 AM

Please visit this link to get your free fishing license.

Without this license you can be fined up to $225 !

http://www.dec.ny.go...rmits/6101.html

• Joeydiver likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted April 25 2015 - 08:55 AM

Got mine last week.

Don't forget the marine registry too.

#3 MetalHead

MetalHead

Giraffe Hunter

• Club LIF Member
  • 3,768 posts
  • Locationfarmingdale

Posted April 25 2015 - 09:28 AM

Without this license you can be fined up to $225 !

Is this fine in regards to fresh water only or have the put a fine in place for saltwater now too?

#4 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 3,871 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted April 25 2015 - 09:40 AM

You can be fined if over the age of 16 for not having either. I haven't done freshwater in over ten years, after returning to the 'briny' by boat, kayak or surfcasting. I would tell everyone that while going through DECALS (DEC online) is quick, if you fail to print the card (which is only as good as the paper in your printer) you have to go local to get the license. I had failed to print my new marine registry out in January mistakenly thinking that Albany would send me the plastic ones as it does for hunting liecenses. Wrong. Princess Andie no longer lets Albany send out marine registry licenses (probably because they are free). so last week I paid my property taxes early and in five extra minutes, got the nice plastic marine registry licenses free for both my wife and I at Town Hall for just showing her old marine registry card and my drivers license. They are in camo this year, not all yellow or green or brown with black type as in the past. I guess this is good for turkey hunting since the fish, oh , never mind.

#5 Sig

Sig

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,157 posts
  • LocationWrong Island

Posted April 25 2015 - 04:16 PM

Just a little clarification. Freshwater fishing licenses are not free. Registration cards for saltwater fishing are free (God knows for how long).

Oh how I hate those two words.
  • gettingfedup likes this

#6 LongIsland Guy

LongIsland Guy

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationLake Ronk

Posted April 25 2015 - 04:37 PM

thanks for the heads up....

#7 kreas

kreas

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • 181 posts

Posted April 25 2015 - 04:37 PM

Forgive me for being confused, but a few days ago I went to get my outer beach permit. While I was there I asked to get a fishing license and was told they did away with needing a fishing license.

Was I given wrong information ? I went to west Sayville golf coarse since they offer the green key and outer beach and I thought the fishing all in one place.

Some back ground. I am not a fisher but my brother in law is and I figured I would get the license so I could take my kids fishing with their uncle and not have to worry.

#8 Sig

Sig

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,157 posts
  • LocationWrong Island

Posted April 25 2015 - 04:53 PM

Forgive me for being confused, but a few days ago I went to get my outer beach permit. While I was there I asked to get a fishing license and was told they did away with needing a fishing license. They did do away with the saltwater fishing license. It was only in existence for about a year IIRC somewhere around 2009. NYS replaced it with a marine registry program which is free (for now). You do need to resister if you are over 16 & fish the local saltwater. There are exceptions such as you do not need one if you're fishing on party/charter boats.

Was I given wrong information ? I went to west Sayville golf coarse since they offer the green key and outer beach and I thought the fishing all in one place.

Some back ground. I am not a fisher but my brother in law is and I figured I would get the license so I could take my kids fishing with their uncle and not have to worry.

#9 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 3,871 posts

Posted April 25 2015 - 05:24 PM

Outer beach permit ? the semantics will vary from town to town but I think the golf course guy or gal confused the requirement to be on the saltwater marine registry and carry proof of that with some sort of vehicle permit/ pedestrian park access called an outer beach permit...

#10 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted April 25 2015 - 06:02 PM

There is no saltwater fishing license but, if you are over age 16 and do any saltwater fishing, from OTHER THAN party or charter boats, you must be listed in the FREE saltwater registry. The freshwater license is still a paid license.
Gary

#11 bberetta1

bberetta1

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3,120 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 25 2015 - 06:11 PM

How much is the freshwater license?

#12 VtwinHP

VtwinHP

Respected Gunowner

• 169 posts

Posted April 25 2015 - 06:56 PM

I buy a fresh water license every year because I fish fresh water and the money goes to maintaining the fishery. I will never buy a salt water license because the State contributes nothing to the salt water fishery and this is just another attempt to collect money. F@#K Cuomo.

#13 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 3,871 posts

Posted May 02 2015 - 08:50 AM

BBeretta1:
Annual
valid one full year (365 days)
from the date of purchase
$25 (ages 16-69) $5. age 70+ Non-Resident annual $50
7-day $12 Non resident $28
1-day $5, non- resident $10.

Edited by pequa1, May 02 2015 - 08:54 AM.

• bberetta1 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015, nys, fishing, license

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users