Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

First Camping Trip of the Season

first camping trip of the season

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 foxfire

foxfire

Puppy Training

• Established Member
  • 1,381 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted March 28 2015 - 08:46 PM

Wedneday pulled the camper out of storage and setup at spring gulch campground in Lancaster Pa. Not bad weather until this morning. We got up to a coating of snow and now it's suppose to go down to 20 degrees tonight. Cold weather camping is still fun and still camping but cold. I have to walk the dog tonight burrrr.
  • warmnfuzzyar, nitaliano, OrchesTrap and 1 other like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 warmnfuzzyar

warmnfuzzyar

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 8,632 posts

Posted March 28 2015 - 08:58 PM

well , my son and I will be up in Vt. camping most of the summer while framing our summer house . Looking forward to it and we should have a roof over our heads by the end of the summer . Then it will be off to parts unknown in a motorhome from our Vt. base camp.
  • Trailblazer, OrchesTrap and xcentrk like this

#3 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted March 29 2015 - 07:23 AM

well , my son and I will be up in Vt. camping most of the summer while framing our summer house . Looking forward to it and we should have a roof over our heads by the end of the summer . Then it will be off to parts unknown in a motorhome from our Vt. base camp.

I hate you !!!

Just kidding.
Enjoy, I hope you a have fun time building it
  • warmnfuzzyar and DaveJr. like this

#4 mak00

mak00

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2,332 posts

Posted March 29 2015 - 07:55 AM

Any day camping is better than a day at work. Have fun.

#5 foxfire

foxfire

Puppy Training

• Established Member
  • 1,381 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted March 29 2015 - 09:32 PM

This morning was 18 degrees the water pipe and sewer pipes were both frozen solid. I bought a heated hose for this type of weather but the pipe itself froze. It thawed out in time to go home. With all the problems it was still a great weekend. I can't wait to get back next weekend hopefully it will be warmer.
  • warmnfuzzyar and LongIsland Guy like this

#6 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 5,933 posts

Posted April 03 2015 - 03:17 PM

That sounds like my first trip last April when we went to Otter Lake in PA. We had a couple of nights where the temperatures were in the twenties and one evening we got about 3" of snow. Fortunately there was still enough residual heat that the pipes nothing froze or broke in the trailer. We did have an outside water filter burst.

My wife and I had our first trip planned for next week but canceled it since I didn't want to de-winterize the trailer while we were still getting blow freezing temperatures here on LI.
  • foxfire likes this

#7 VietVet

VietVet

101ST AIRBORNE

• Established Member
  • 4,453 posts

Posted April 03 2015 - 04:06 PM

My first trip is booked. Leaving May 14th. Staying local just to get the camper set up and tested before we go out of the area.
  • foxfire likes this

#8 toothpuller

toothpuller

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 251 posts

Posted April 06 2015 - 06:42 PM

My first shakedown trip will be to Smith's point. I'm going to be testing a few new systems. Most recently a high gain HDTV antennae mounted to a flagpole to see if I can pull in some tv stations for the Mrs. while I am hopefully enjoying the spring striper run at night. The antennae on our RV is absolutely awful and completely useless. After this ridiculous winter, I'm looking forward to getting my camping season going. I have quite a few weekends at Smith's Point, Greenport, and Hither Hills. Should be great. I need the break.
  • 2edgesword and gcloss like this

#9 gcloss

gcloss

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWherever my RV is parked

Posted April 06 2015 - 07:13 PM

Cannot wait for the weather to break and get out camping. We already have 50 days booked at various campgrounds (off Long Island).

#10 warmnfuzzyar

warmnfuzzyar

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 8,632 posts

Posted April 06 2015 - 07:20 PM

I might wait another week or two

Attached Thumbnails

• 056.JPG

• 2edgesword likes this

#11 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 5,933 posts

Posted April 15 2015 - 08:27 AM

My wife works for the school system so our first trip (Smith's Point) won't be until July after we get back from Disney with a couple of the grandkids. My wife is a city girl but really took to RVing. She grabs Trailer Life Magazine before I do and Sam's Club has become her best friend.

Anyone else booked their first trip? Where are you headed?

#12 Dchilde

Dchilde

Runs With Scissors

• Established Member
  • 3,395 posts
  • LocationNorth Fork

Posted April 15 2015 - 09:09 AM

First booked trip is Memorial day weekend at Indian island. But we may just do one on the fly before that.
  • 2edgesword likes this

#13 Outsider

Outsider

Banned

• Banned
  • 902 posts

Posted April 15 2015 - 09:20 AM

I leave tomorrow morning for my first camping trip upstate. Can't wait!!
  • 2edgesword likes this

#14 LongIsland Guy

LongIsland Guy

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationLake Ronk

Posted April 15 2015 - 09:53 AM

Booked Jellystone of Western NY (haven't got a camper yet, tried the tent thing but wife didn't like it so we got the cabin)......... end of July..

#15 foxfire

foxfire

Puppy Training

• Established Member
  • 1,381 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted May 01 2015 - 10:15 PM

After being in spring gulch campground in Lancaster Pa. for a little more than a month it was time for a change. Thursday morning we left there and towed about 250 miles to Rip Van Winkle campgrounds in Saugerties NY. All set up and we'll be here for a while. Always loved the Hudson Valley area and we have some great sporting clays places to shoot while we're camping.
  • gcloss likes this

#16 Hannco

Hannco

Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilation = invasion

• Club LIF Member
  • 8,117 posts
  • LocationCentral Nassau

Posted May 01 2015 - 10:30 PM

I leave tomorrow morning for my first camping trip upstate. Can't wait!!

Meeting any Islanders up there, Errrr..... I mean, have a great time!

#17 Outsider

Outsider

Banned

• Banned
  • 902 posts

Posted May 01 2015 - 10:37 PM

Meeting any Islanders up there, Errrr..... I mean, have a great time!

I'm a tent camper. There doesn't seem to be that many of us on here.

I would love to go camping a month at a time. I'll be going again in a few weeks.

Enjoy!!
  • Hannco and gcloss like this

#18 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 5,933 posts

Posted August 17 2015 - 09:52 AM

We've spent about three weeks at Smith's Point. My wife loves the place since it's super convenient travel wise, many of the sites have nice views of the bay or ocean (many attempts to get an ocean view have failed) and walking distance to a beautiful beach. She works for the school system so we have to cram all of our camping into the summer vacation (July and August) with a final trip planned during the school holidays in September. All toll we will tally about 26 days of camping into season. Not terrible but I'd sure would like to do more.

How is the season shaping up for you?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: first, camping, trip, of, the, season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users