Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

2015 NYS 4X4 PERMIT - MAIL IN - LIF EXCLUSIVE

2015 nys 4x4 permit mail in lif exclusive

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 joeygr8gt

joeygr8gt

Respected Gunowner

• 149 posts

Posted February 09 2015 - 05:08 AM

Must haves
-tow rope
-shovel
-each person fishing gear
-tire gauge
-bucket (with seat over -$10 in Amazon)
-garbage bag
-permit in dash

The rest are not needed unless u have no idea how to drive and not get stuck on beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 peteinsuffolk

peteinsuffolk

• Administrators
  • 7,342 posts

Posted March 30 2015 - 10:21 AM

please note.. first post updated although PDF is not

They sent me a note back with my permit

"In Future make check payable to: O.P.R. & H.P-L.I.REGION"

#23 madmark

madmark

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 23 2015 - 08:52 AM

I cant thank LIF enough for making this available. You would think that they would have a form-fillable application on-line with a provision for paying on the NYS or TOB website. This is by far the next best thing. I've been a captive of Long Island for 40 years & I thought before I leave it, I should see what all the fuss is about, so I got the beach permit this year. :beach Any advice for a new guy? I want to be safe & have fun, but I don't want to inadvertently screw up someone else's day. Also if I bring my kids.(7 &12) are they also expected to be engaged in fishing? They love to fish, so I'm sure they'll want to, but they also like to dig in the sand, etc... Thanks again!

#24 madmark

madmark

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 23 2015 - 08:55 AM

I cant thank LIF enough for making this available. You would think that they would have a form-fillable application on-line with a provision for paying on the NYS or TOB website. This is by far the next best thing. I've been a captive of Long Island for 40 years & I thought before I leave it, I should see what all the fuss is about, so I got the beach permit this year. :beach Any advice for a new guy? I want to be safe & have fun, but I don't want to inadvertently screw up someone else's day. Also if I bring my kids.(7 &12) are they also expected to be engaged in fishing? They love to fish, so I'm sure they'll want to, but they also like to dig in the sand, etc... Thanks again!

It's all bullsh*t, and it's bad for you. (George Carlin)

#25 4x4Blazer

4x4Blazer

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 807 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted April 23 2015 - 12:07 PM

Beach driving is pretty easy as long as you follow a few rules. Always air down, don't start, stop or turn abruptly. Have the required equipment. Always stay above the high water mark. As for your 12 yr old, they are required to have fishing equipment. Read the back of the permit.

#26 MasterDon

MasterDon

Respected Gunowner

• 134 posts
  • LocationWest Hempstead

Posted April 23 2015 - 01:14 PM

Ahh, pesky permits...

#27 peteinsuffolk

peteinsuffolk

• Administrators
  • 7,342 posts

Posted December 29 2015 - 09:56 AM

Has anyone heard a rumor that they are limiting the number of passes this year? I stress.. this is just a RUMOR

#28 gripper

gripper

Gun Guru

• 1,949 posts

Posted December 29 2015 - 10:21 AM

The state turn down money LMFAO I heard andy is a gun nut too. I think it is a rumor but I was wrong once and have not stayed at a hotel chain recently so take it for what its worth, I have been buying beach permits for a long time and they never turned my $ down however there will be times that using what I payed for is curtailed due to a little bird. which I have no clue how we do not have enough nesting pairs of by now.

#29 O1SalsaX

O1SalsaX

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,377 posts

Posted December 29 2015 - 11:06 AM

Has anyone heard a rumor that they are limiting the number of passes this year? I stress.. this is just a RUMOR

Based on how crowded during the day it is, I would be all for it.
And yeah.. The state will never turn down money as we learned with them restricting access after Sandy and major beach erosion but still selling permits...

#30 dquigley23

dquigley23

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted March 08 2016 - 03:39 PM

is there a 2016 mail in application yet for this?

#31 Sgt Squid

Sgt Squid

Gun Guru

• 2,064 posts
  • LocationHolbrook

Posted March 09 2016 - 10:49 AM

Bump

#32 dquigley23

dquigley23

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted March 22 2016 - 02:44 PM

any word on 2016 ?

#33 Jakef150

Jakef150

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • 264 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 25 2016 - 11:12 AM

knock knock

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015, nys, 4x4, permit, mail, in, lif, exclusive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users