Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

POOL OPENING TIME DON'T BE A SUCKER

pool opening time dont be sucker

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Topic Starter
  • LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 9,685 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted May 26 2014 - 09:24 AM

Oh just curious how mush do you all spend on your pool chemicals each year.

I am at $100 so far and that is for Salt I don't expect to spend more then 200 for the year.

Well it look pretty much like the Salt cell is dying but it will hopefully make it to the end of the season. I am ordering the cell and will have it ready to go in. Need to add 2 small bags of shock $10 for them had the water tested PH was out of whack be no where near where it was before some other stuff out of whack too but nothing like before the salt went in I did need $150 in stabilizer PH reducer but that was a little more then expected but as the guy said it most likely cause of the weak Salt Cell.

SO I'm $260 in chemical and salt into the pool this season I could have shopped around and got the chemicals cheaper but I'm lazy.

How much have you spent so far this year on your pool chems?

Edited by zzrguy, May 26 2014 - 09:24 AM.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 the blur

the blur

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted May 26 2014 - 10:32 AM

Can't you just drain the water, and start with fresh water ??????????????
  • gwbahren likes this

#23 Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!

• Donated Member
  • 21,941 posts
  • LocationUltimate irony is admiring a foreign President more than your own!

Posted May 26 2014 - 11:10 AM

Free pool in the classifieds!

#24 gwbahren

gwbahren

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 767 posts

Posted May 26 2014 - 11:24 AM

Can't you just drain the water, and start with fresh water ??????????????

YES,... YOU CAN!(sort of)
Every year when I go to the pool store with the sample, they come up with an AMAZING list of stuff I need. After having the same water in the pool(topped off only by rain, when needed) for 15+ years since the liner replace, I replaced about 1/3 to 1/2 of the water. It will probably cause a $50. one time spike in my water bill, but A) I saved at least three times that by not buying chemicals, and B) the water is cleaner, feels better, and C)is more reposnsive to chemicals, when needed(requiring less). I see why the pool stores tell you NEVER change your water( I was taught to preach this rhetoric when I worked in a pool store,too), Their sales would plummet! If you change your water, be careful to not go below a level that would compromise the structure of the pool. This is why I only changed LESS THAN HALF of my water at one time.Meanwhile,...I'm gonna dive back in!

Edited by gwbahren, May 26 2014 - 11:27 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pool, opening, time, dont, be, sucker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users