Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Optimum to carry NFL Ntwrk & NFL Red Zone

886 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  DLM 
#1 ·
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000050872/article/cablevision-signs-deal-to-carry-nfl-network-nfl-redzone

BETHPAGE, NY and NEW YORK, NY -- August 16, 2012 - NFL Network and Cablevision (NYSE: CVC), the largest TV provider in the nation's top media market, announced today that they have reached a multi-year agreement for carriage of NFL Network and the NFL RedZone channel.

NFL Network will make its debut in Cablevision homes beginning Friday. NFL Network will be available on channel 150 in both standard-definition and HD for customers who subscribe to iO Preferred, iO Silver, iO Gold or the iO Sports & Entertainment Pak. NFL RedZone, which airs on Sundays throughout the regular season, will be offered in both standard-definition and HD on channel 151 as part of the iO Sports & Entertainment Pak, which is now included in the new iO Gold package, which was launched last spring.

"We know there is significant interest in the NFL Network and NFL RedZone among our Optimum TV customers, and are pleased to have worked productively with the NFL to offer both channels in time for the upcoming season, and for years to come," said Mac Budill, Cablevision's executive vice president of programming.

"Cablevision is one of the top television providers in the country and will offer New York fans football 24 hours a day, 365 days a year," said NFL Media COO Brian Rolapp. "With the 2012 NFL season approaching, Cablevision subscribers will be able to enjoy our expanded 13-game Thursday Night Football schedule, Sunday NFL GameDay shows, NFL Total Access, Emmy award-winning NFL Films programming and much more. In addition, NFL RedZone features every touchdown from every game on Sunday afternoons."

The Emmy Award-winning America's Game: The Super Bowl Champions series debuts this season's episode on the 2011 New York Giants exclusively on NFL Network on Tuesday, September 4 at 10:00 PM ET, one night before the Giants kick off the 2012 regular season against the Dallas Cowboys.

NFL Network is the destination for all that happens around the sport of football. NFL Network airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and provides viewers with more than 2,500 hours per year of original programming, including: NFL Total Access, NFL GameDay, the new four-hour NFL AM weekday morning show, Top 10, Playbook, NFL Replay, NFL Classic Games plus the Emmy award-winning Sound FX and America's Game.

NFL Network is the home of Thursday Night Football -- 13 primetime NFL regular season games from September through December. This year's schedule kicks off on September 13 with a renewal of the NFL's most-played rivalry as the Chicago Bears visit the Green Bay Packers in the 185th meeting between the NFC North division foes.

NFL Network also features every NFL preseason game, the Senior Bowl, plus more coverage of the NFL Draft, Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremony, NFL Scouting Combine and Super Bowl than anyone else.

The extraordinarily popular NFL RedZone, produced by NFL Network, whips around every NFL game on Sunday afternoons, delivering the touchdowns and most exciting moments as they happen and in high definition. When a team goes inside the 20-yard line, fans see the crucial plays live. The channel keeps fans up-to-date in real time, switching from game to game with live look-ins, highlights and a chance to see every important play. For more information on NFL RedZone, visit www.nfl.com/redzonetv.

About Cablevision

Cablevision Systems Corporation is one of the nation's leading media and telecommunications companies. In addition to delivering its Optimum-branded cable, Internet, and voice offerings throughout the New York area, the company owns and operates cable systems serving homes in four Western states. Cablevision's local media properties include News 12 Networks, MSG Varsity and Newsday Media Group. Cablevision also owns and operates Clearview Cinemas. Additional information about Cablevision is available on the Web at www.cablevision.com.

About NFL Network

NFL Network airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis and is the only television network fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football. Fans turn to NFL Network to receive inside information and insights straight from the field, team headquarters, league offices and everywhere the NFL is making news.

NFL Network gives fans unprecedented year-round access to all NFL events, including the Super Bowl, Playoffs, regular season, preseason, Pro Bowl, Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, NFL Draft, Scouting Combine, Senior Bowl, league meetings, minicamps and training camps. For more information log onto NFL.com, the exclusive home of NFL Network, NFL video highlights, NFL chats, news and information

See less See more
#2 ·
I also just read this. Now what do I tell the optimum guy when he comes knocking and asks why I don't give them a try? I always told them Verizon has NFL network and Cablevision doesn't. They then walk away quietly. Guess I just won't answer the door.  ;D

#5 ·
nyguns said:
I also just read this. Now what do I tell the optimum guy when he comes knocking and asks why I don't give them a try? I always told them Verizon has NFL network and Cablevision doesn't. They then walk away quietly. Guess I just won't answer the door. ;D
Just tell em' your a Bills fan. Only Direct TV has them showing, as well as every other team

#7 ·
nyguns said:
I also just read this. Now what do I tell the optimum guy when he comes knocking and asks why I don't give them a try? I always told them Verizon has NFL network and Cablevision doesn't. They then walk away quietly. Guess I just won't answer the door. ;D
The Architect said:
Just tell em' your a Bills fan. Only Direct TV has them showing, as well as every other team
FULL METAL JACKET said:
Tell him that the owner of his company is anti guns. I'm ditching cable as soon as we move.
Or just laugh in his face and tell him that Cablevision sucks. ;D

#8 ·
All great replies....except the Bill's fan part. I'll try them all next time!!  ;D

#11 ·
At work, I've NEVER had any positive experience with Verizon. Cablevision isn't much better but I'm happy about this change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.