|Long Island Firearms Forum Rules and Guidelines
Welcome to Long Island Firearms.
|To participate and post messages, you need to become a registered member; we do not sell Member information to third parties.
|Rules of Participation: "House Rules"
Thank you for your compliance
- All Topics and Posts must be related to firearms, accessories or civil
liberties issues. *Unless posting within the areas of 'Chit-Chat' and 'Extras'. All posts must
not be infringing on any copy written material. You take responsibility on
all posts. Please adhere to the local rules within Buy/Sell as well.
- Please be respectful. Do not post anything which is offensive, hateful, racist, sexist, discriminatory, obscene, vulgar or in violation of local or international laws. Long Island Firearms does not endorsing ownership, operation or modification of any firearm that may be considered illegal.
- Bumping a thread. Defined as replying to your post to keep the thread on
the top of the forum. You can bump your post every 24 hours.
- The use of improper language is specifically prohibited. A language filter is installed within the forums software to address this. Make no attempt to override this filter.
- Remain respectful of other users, moderators and administrators at all times. All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule. Doing otherwise will get your account banned temporarily, or permanently if the situation becomes severe enough (this will be left to the discretion of the moderation team).
- We reserve the right to edit or delete posts and/or to revoke Membership. No Second Chances; No Argument; No Trial; No Way. At best you will receive one warning.
- Do not spam or promote/self-promote in the forum. This forum defines spam as unsolicited/solicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites,
political candidates, or posts with little, no or completely unrelated content.
Do not spam the forum with links to any site, email address, product, or try to self-promote
any website, business, or forums etc.
Your account will be banned permanently, your posts will be deleted, and you
may be subject to legal action. Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users. However, please note that there are two exceptions to the self-promotion rule. Businesses posting in 'Find a friendly FFL' forum and the 'Buy/Sell/Trade' forum.
- (Buy/Sell areas) Long Island Firearms makes no representations about the
condition, legality, or safety, of any merchandise for sale by it's
members. All merchandise should be checked out by a competent gunsmith before
firing. Further, we require that all transactions be handled according to the
letter of the law. No items that are restricted or banned should ever be listed
for sale on this forum. Any member listing, selling or knowingly purchasing any
item that is illegal will be banned permanently from this forum. We do not sell
firearms. We do not allow 'salesman' type of posts.
- Multiple Registrations Prohibited. - Impersonation of any person or entity,
forgery of headers or other manipulation of identifiers including, but not
limited to, multiple registrations by an individual, is prohibited.
- Any and all notifications, announcements, or solicitations for any
Fundraising Event, Drive or Campaign must be approved by the administration of
Long Island Firearms.
Your Friends at Long Island Firearms
We are not formally organized to teach firearms proficiency. Our members and Moderators are a confederation of individuals offering individual opinions only. Opinions can never preclude the mandate to seek professional training in the areas of firearms use, firearms modifications and handloading. Proceed solely at your own risk.
While we make every attempt to edit or delete erroneous posts, neither the Moderators nor the Staff are capable of previewing every post. By agreeing to these terms, you agree that responsibility for any post lies with the individual author, and any consequences which result from acting on the information found herein lies solely with you.
©2010 Long Island Firearms, LLC
Copyright © 2009 longislandfirearms.com All rights reserved